How much does your S2 weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anton View Post
    i believe its been posted before as a 20kg difference.

Ant
    Thanks, that's not to bad but 20kg's is well worth saving especially at the front, my aim is not only to reduce the over all mass but to try and improve the front to back distribution as much as I can. I suppose when used with a duel mass fly wheel the weight penalty is higher. Think I'll try and stick with a fiver speed box but hang on to the six speed just in case the five speed doesn't hack it.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
      Thanks, that's not to bad but 20kg's is well worth saving especially at the front, my aim is not only to reduce the over all mass but to try and improve the front to back distribution as much as I can. I suppose when used with a duel mass fly wheel the weight penalty is higher. Think I'll try and stick with a fiver speed box but hang on to the six speed just in case the five speed doesn't hack it.
      you can always loose the spacer and run a single mass flywheel, if your on a 3b you can always put the battery in the boot, thats 20kg off the front and 20kg onto the backso 40kg difference to front/rear balance....

Ant
      91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
      KW V2s and other goodies
      now gone
      03' BMW 330CI - Sold
      08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
      57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

my weight is without me in it.With me it goes to 1780 to 1790Kg

Comment

Ok, theese cars are heavy then

Had mine on a freight weight today, and it weighs 1600kg with 10 fuel in the tank, spare wheel and tools but without me
          Not to bad then

Comment

Originally posted by anton View Post
            you can always loose the spacer and run a single mass flywheel, if your on a 3b you can always put the battery in the boot, thats 20kg off the front and 20kg onto the backso 40kg difference to front/rear balance....

Ant
            Battery tray already removed and the battery is going in the spare wheel well to get it as back as safely possible, don't like the idea of sticking it in the hole right at the back of the boot as in the event of a heavy rear end it will end up in the petrol tank, I'm even going to remove the procon 10.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
              Battery tray already removed and the battery is going in the spare wheel well to get it as back as safely possible, don't like the idea of sticking it in the hole right at the back of the boot as in the event of a heavy rear end it will end up in the petrol tank, I'm even going to remove the procon 10.
              Thats a good idea actually. I was thinking the little bucket thing on the drivers side, but the S/W well is ideal. Will a battery fit though?

Comment

Battery box mounted behind the passenger seat on the floor?
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Yep that's another possiblity, but the further back the better

Comment

And yet the WR engine UR is only 1300kg and i'm hoping to get mine down to 1000kg
                    Jay - pug_life85@hotmail.com

1986 Audi UR quattro - WORK IN PROGRESS
                    1981 VW Mk1 Golf - "20v Jim, but not as we know it!"

Comment

Originally posted by stiglet View Post
                      Thats a good idea actually. I was thinking the little bucket thing on the drivers side, but the S/W well is ideal. Will a battery fit though?
                      I looked at the bucket thing as well, but without cutting the car about you can only fit a piddly little battery in there and it's still perilously close to the petrol tank IMO.

The spare wheel well is perfect, there's enough room to mount an Avant battery tray in there tidily and fit a decent size battery without it being higher than the level of the boot floor, which I will make level all the way across. There would also be enough room in there for a small 12v compressor and two bottles of tyre sealant. I'm going to ditch the spare wheel as a 17"x8" wheel doesn't fit in a satisfactory manner anyway.

Comment

I had my 3b (aircon, non sliding roof) on a weight on my work.

With a full tank, no spare tyre, no rearseat, only 2 speakers in the front, cats fitted, 18 inch wheels and a RS2 ic it was 1440 kg / 3175 lbs. No persons in it.

So it's still a long way to reach 1300 kilo...
                        www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

1198 kg ~ 2 641 lbs

RS2 gearbox weights 72kg no oil
                          AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

My coupe is around 1100kg
                            No rear seats,
                            lightweight front seats
                            fiberglass panels
                            all sound deadening carpets that thick bitumen underseal all gone, battery behind seats
                            lightweight boot floor
                            next to have plastic windows and I may try to get some door skins/bonnet made in thin alloy
                            I just need to loose 50kgs myself and it ll be a really fast car!

Comment

Working...
                            X