Just stuffed the RS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer John, gutted for you
    As others have said glad noone was hurt and the car can be repaired or replaced.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Really bad luck with your cars lately Hope it can be fixed mate.

Comment

John, sorry to hear that- Hope your OK.

cars can be replaced.

Best

Biggs
        ''I'm 999 thou' short of a mill!''

Comment

Pete Berry came over today and we had a good look, it's pretty bad, there's a big dent in the pillar behind the front wheel and a bump in the carpet, the sill is not straight so it looks like the bottom of the A pillar has moved inwards and backwards, this would agree with the top of the door sticking out. All three rads are gone and the LH suspension is toast, the upper front ball joint has pulled out of the leg, the lower arm is bent double, the drive shaft is not driving..

I went for a walk up the road when the car was recovered last night and it felt very slippery under foot, rubbing the tarmac with my hand and doing the old sniff test it actually smelled like compost, so I'm guessing the storm blew a lot of leaves down and cars have been mashing them into the road surface for the last few days, not enough rain to wash it away. There were piles of oak leaves in the driveway we pushed the car into. A few mates have been saying they've had skids on bend and roundabouts round here too.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Nooooooooooo gutted for you, but you are still here to tell the tale and live to fight on another day that is the main and only thing! the car can be replaced you can't

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
              .. went for a walk up the road when the car was recovered last night and it felt very slippery under foot, rubbing the tarmac with my hand and doing the old sniff test it actually smelled like compost, so I'm guessing the storm blew a lot of leaves down and cars have been mashing them into the road surface for the last few days, not enough rain to wash it away. There were piles of oak leaves in the driveway we pushed the car into. A few mates have been saying they've had skids on bend and roundabouts round here too.
              Bad luck...and yeah leaves are pretty lethal after awhile, also lotsa larch needles can be mega slippy..if the b******ing things aren't falling on people/houses/cars..their castoffs are creating havoc too

Comment

Bummer! Sorry to hear about the car John. Good to hear you're ok....
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Feels a bit pathetic really, leaves on the road.. I'm very grateful to be alive and well though And there was a very nice lady in a Land Rover with a tow rope following me to pull the car off the road, incredible luck, I feel looked after

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear this. No way will you be beat though. I remember you having kind words when I stuffed my s2. keep the faith brother
                    sigpic
                    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
                    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
                    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
                    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Yes, I've started work on my son's car this afternoon as "therapy"

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Tenacious I like it
                        sigpic
                        "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
                        BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
                        1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
                        2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

glad there was no blood and bone injurys, only metal and pride

on the brighter side,
                          RS4`s seem to be worth more in bits that complete these days sadly, everything happens for a reason and all that
                          1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                          1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                          BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Working...
                          X