Clear All

A hack for Evo / Pistonheads and probably others
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      You sure... Wiki says this is Chris Harris...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris...estler)#Career
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
        Hmmm, I disagree that the S2 doesn't handle in standard form. Mine is on stock springs, Bilsteins and std anti roll bars. If you corner slow in, fast out it feels great. Of course if you go barrelling into a corner the weight and position of the engine washes the front out. But anything past the apex can be met with full throttle in any gear and often with a hint of oversteer! The rest of the car is a joy as we all know. They are built to last, refined and styled in a timeless shape. That said, I have never owned a BMW or a Porsche so maybe I don't know what I am missing!
        Perfectly summarised, it really is that simple

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          And recently, Road and Track magazine in the USA
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Numb steering, awful stock brakes and under steering I would imagine are why a racing driver will not be enjoying the s2 much or pretty much anyone who tested the stock cars in their time. It was not a UR nor designed to be but would rapidly dispatch almost everything in wet weather and the engine was a peach.

I never worry about what a journo thinks about the car, I enjoy it and to me that is all that matters lol
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I've had some absolute killer runs in our S2 over the years, and the old girl just goes into another level when you pass 8/10ths.... The trick is to drive it like a circuit racer not a rally car... Sliding an S2 in standard trim is completely missing the point.
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

The challenge is taking something that should be good and actually making it so...
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

It just means our cars will continue to be more of a cult classic. I like that about the S2 - none of my friends/work colleagues/strangers I stop in the street know what an S2 is and every so often I'll have the pleasure of denying someone else the pleasure of overtaking me because they think I'm just in some old green K-reg Audi estate

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                  Maybe not but he does like "quattro" cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRyS9_QYskk
                  I like the spectator 1 minute in with his hands on his head

Comment

I was taught a hard lesson many years ago at Castle Combe when the track instructor entered behind a gaggle of modified VAG stuff, including Ur quattros, trick golf GTi's and the odd S2 and, over ten laps, passed all but 2 of the cars....

He was in a Montego Estate 2.0l SL...

It demonstrated the value of understanding balance, finesse and skill over raw power married with limited talent.
                    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
                      It just means our cars will continue to be more of a cult classic. I like that about the S2 - none of my friends/work colleagues/strangers I stop in the street know what an S2 is and every so often I'll have the pleasure of denying someone else the pleasure of overtaking me because they think I'm just in some old green K-reg Audi estate
                      :
                      I think thats the over-arching appeal of ours, its the horror they can't actually get passed, and worse still, its pulling away, when they've attempted an opportunist overtake... The barking Collie and raspberry blowing kids tend to really hack off the average 'lad & laddette' too....
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

In a Montego? Nooooo that's just witchcraft, unless it was Steve Soper http://youtu.be/GzBmCrLa5Xc

Comment

There's a road I go up on my way home that is two lanes up the hill where this game of mine happens. The only thing that has managed to beat me was a V10 BMW M5, but I was glad to have it speed past me

Otherwise I embarrass people going from 30mph to 60mph without even downchanging from 4th

Comment

My neighbour knows Chris Harris very well, went to school with him etc. I think I'll see if I can arrange a meeting to ask a few questions?
                            Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyNut View Post
                              My neighbour knows Chris Harris very well, went to school with him etc. I think I'll see if I can arrange a meeting to ask a few questions?
                              Be interesting to find out if he's actually driven an original 1991 S2 Coupe in standard spec.... I suspect not.
                              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

He's not all bad; who knows how genuine these are...

1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

Working...
                                X