Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gripper View Post
    In English please
    Some of us are finding it hard work to keep up with this thread.
    OK, a translation then:

Shut up ! Shut up ! Noel ---don't dare be gloating and plotting before you have the awesome machine home. Or your missus will be getting a handle on this wild news and it's yourself that will be hanging from the tallest tree in the area by your testicles as a prime example for all the other women in the area AND THEN the word will get out and around the world and the rest of us will be f**ked!

Remember now - on its arrival let the kids see it and sit in it first and you might just survive to see the aftermath

Oh, and I've told my son (that's Andy) to put another spoonful of water in the gruel just in case you come to visit

Cheers Sandy, sage advice. The information control is being strictly controlled and I know she doesn't frequent S2forum thankfully. The car will make its way to Germany to a good friend of mine who I believe I could, without exaggeration, call a car genius (he does bits of work helping the likes of VW and Audi and also custom builds engine components). My masterplan right now is to take my missus and the boys to Germany in spring to visit friends and family, in which case it will be bloody handy to have a car there waiting for us. And afterwards weƤll drive back through Denmark, visit legoland, see a couple of friends in Stockholm, nip over on an overnight ferry to Finland and on home. You see I'm really doing this as a considerate husband and father

ahem...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Ok right

Just thought It would be a wee bit shorter in English
      For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

Originally posted by gripper View Post
        Ok right

Just thought It would be a wee bit shorter in English
        haha. it was English... just very heavily accented
        1990 CQ20v

Comment

jist luvvin it Noel ------- an loookin furrit tae the mair serious posts whin 'its' hame !
          ----- safe travillin -----
          02 A3 1.9tdi 130 sport quattro

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bunyoch View Post
              jist luvvin it Noel ------- an loookin furrit tae the mair serious posts whin 'its' hame !
              ----- safe travillin -----
              aye, you mean the "F**K, I just bought a French lemon" post?

Derek, I wonder if anyone outside Scotland has any idea where that picture comes from?
              1990 CQ20v

Comment

bunyoch will ken

Comment

Lol at this heavily accented thread. Reminds of when the Beeb hae to put subtitles on Rab C Nesbitt shows back in the day.
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Car delivered to Kit today....
                    Had a nice drive over to him today. Long cycle back to Pembrokeshire in the wind and rain!
                    Enjoy the car, "her indoors" will love it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Philip.
                      I didn't even realise you were active on this forum

I'm excited and frustrated in equal parts because it will be a while before I get my hands on the car. Kit will look after it well though and then it will travel to Germany where it will be spoiled for attention until I collect it. By that point I may have told my wife. She's in the middle of setting up a company and doing a masters thesis right now so I'm just neglecting to mention it until she's probably in a more receptive frame of mind. Like the S2 I'm sure she'll love driving it as soon as her bum hits the seat.
                      1990 CQ20v

Comment

Here's a few photo's of the secret purchase, of my normal rubbish standard, she looks to be in good shape other than the exhaust which is on it's last legs.

Selection of random crap I've found in the car.

Attached Files
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Your timing is impeccable as always Noel.

Good choice in babysitter!
                          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

You're a gentleman for taking care of it for me mate until it starts its journey north. I would kiss you but I fear my wife would object to that more than the extra car

If the exhaust can be patched to get it as far as Germany then I will arrange for it to receive something special there. would a bandage do it or a few blobs of repair putty?

that's quite a collection there. I think the thing on the left is a key of sorts for the centre cap of the alloys. maybe..
                            then a free emery board for my missus' nails... then a spatula for.. erm...yeah...
                            and then more crap and a metal ring that's probably supposed to be on the back of one of the centre caps to hold it on maybe?

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                            Here's a few photo's of the secret purchase, of my normal rubbish standard, she looks to be in good shape other than the exhaust which is on it's last legs.

Selection of random crap I've found in the car.

1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                              Your timing is impeccable as always Noel.

Good choice in babysitter!
                              yeah he's really doing me a solid Andy. I was just chatting with Kit a few days ago about how forums, and this one in particular, have resulted in me meeting some amazing people. All based on a mutual obsession of old Audis.
                              When I bought my smashed S2 and started to reshell it many years ago I had no idea what I was doing but I ended up with a handful of S2forum guys down at my lockup regularly to lend a hand.
                              I bet you don't get that on a beard-fanciers forum, or whatever other non car related forums that might exist.

people of s2forum.. I salute you
                              hang on. nope. wrong smiley.
                              nearly there...
                              ah yes. that's the one.

and to Kit..
                              1990 CQ20v

Comment

Ochone ochone even thon spurtles no a guid shape fur the stirrin but maseel wull hae a wee try enaweys ! -- BUT yon motors still got the pent oan it ---its no lik ye Noel ---a wee bitty too respectable fur yerseel tae be seen in, an it appears tae still hae an enchine an naw a bluidy big rubber baund as Ah wis expectin --- -- Is it reely ment tae be a wee present fur the bidey in or as we used tae speir 'the seat cover' an yer nae wantin tae let bug aboot it in case the boys oan the Forum git wild an jellus ?
                                ? OR is it yerseel thets bin a richt bad bad boy an yer actually crawllin back usin this caur insted o the mair commin floo-ers ? Noo if it wis maseel Ah wid pit a wee bunch o thim smelly roses ( naw thae eatin yins) oan the pilots pew jist tae gie her the idea o appeasement an freinship ( 'an maybe mair' as its pit in thae ads ) ; wi yerseel haein retreated tae ootwith the range o guid chuckie thraw !! [ its mukle lik yon --Licht the blue touch paper an staun weel cleer ]

Aye an puir Kit whit herm his he iver dun tae ye --- ?
                                Last edited by bunyoch; 3 November 2014, 11:30.
                                02 A3 1.9tdi 130 sport quattro

Comment

Working...
                                X