X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In next days I will take good resolution photos of inlet and outlet

Comment

Originally posted by sailaz View Post
      hmmmm, what is a copy in our days and what is not ? where is that line ?
      What I'm trying to say if (let's) say they are made in the same factory, but they become expensive because of well known distributor, or if to look from another side they have real price on alibaba .....
      Yeah they could be just massive mark up, I doubt it though. (the copies flow less)

Yeah a factory could sell genuine pumps out the back door, quality control might not be the same though.

Also read of factorys producing components with sub standard materials/quality control to sell cheap (but using the OEM suppliers design) as well as the proper OEM ones they are contracted to produce.
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

The last thing I want to do is put a snide fuel pump on my car and watch it set on fire, oh well that'll teach me for not following my own rules, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is

Comment

Crimp is different, much smoother in the middle one, sharper on the side ones.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
            Yeah they could be just massive mark up, I doubt it though. (the copies flow less)

Yeah a factory could sell genuine pumps out the back door, quality control might not be the same though.

Also read of factorys producing components with sub standard materials/quality control to sell cheap (but using the OEM suppliers design) as well as the proper OEM ones they are contracted to produce.
            I agree with every your word ! A lot of things can be ..... Just pity that I don't know when I'll be able to check/test flow ....

Originally posted by curlylee View Post
            ebay £80 brand new
            Originally posted by AndyP View Post
            For a Chinese knock off, they're near £200 from Bosch.
            Maybe in UK £200, in EURO zone around €200 shelf price without any discount .

Comment

Also, notice the difference in the yellow boxes, the red "Bosch"-text is vertical on the genuine and horisontal on the fake one.
              This is what made me suspicius when i had my first encounter with a fake one, sold second hand for a reasonable price.

Comment

AFAIK the 044 pump has been copied since 10 years ago.I bought mine from 034's at that time.In local market,i found the fake pumps floating around.
                the joke is my friend was running fake 044 on 2JZ-GTE with 12.4s 1/4miles lol.
                one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

How do we know these are "fake" or inferior and not just a revised design, or different manufacturing facility?
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

A back to back test of performance reliability and longevity is they way forward. The fake ones may turn out to be great value for money, it's only a pump after all, be an interesting test I think

Comment

Message sent to seller

Hi there just read up on suspected fake fuel pumps similar to this one is this guaranteed to be of genuine Bosch manufacture, if it turns out to be anything else I would be requesting a refund just to help out the genuine items are made in Czech Republic, M18 inlet, helicoil intake if this item has made in Germany stamped in it please don't send it just save the postage and refund item many thanks for your help

New message from: nadinemc-2013 (629Purple Star)

Hi there, thanks for your message, yes they are and made in Czech, unfortunately I'm now out of stock, so I ll refund you, not a problem, sorry for the inconvenience. All the best

Yeh righty O watch out for this seller fellas clearly a bit slippery

Comment

This should be stickied.
                        "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Everything she sells stinks of Chinese copy, I think you dodged the bullet there!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Flow-...item1c4b8aa56a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/044-High-F...item19f99fe637
                          sigpic
                          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Don't know WTF I was thinking to be honest, just rushing into collecting my RS2 upgrade bits like a crazy fool

Comment

Some of her stuff would be OK, this for example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111558939366

Where else could you get something like that for £34! But stuff like fuel pump and injectors I'd go direct to an authorised Bosch dealer.
                              sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Lol, it says bosch "type".

Agreed, not worth making a bracket when you can buy one for that price!

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X