Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they fake ones reliably support 400 bhp, but not 500bhp, they are great value for £40. If you pay £100 for a genuine one and got a fake I would be pretty pissed.
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Interesting thread here.

I bought mine last year from Matt Lewis motorsport and paid good money assuming it was genuine, I'll check the pump and see how it measures up.
      The ONLY S2 Golf!
      http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
      10.42@138mph
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Everytime the same- when it is much cheaper than we are used to, it is normally a fake. When I see a pump that is sold around 200€ EVERYWHERE, and then there is a shop, that sells it for 190- time to be happy. If he sells it for 90- time to get distrusted.
        I sometimes wonder, why people, that normally know the materia, are getting blind, when they see very cheap prices.

Maybe the pump in fact is a good deal, if it is able to support 400hp instead of 500, yes. But I would be afraid, that is possible to do 500hp in the beginning- and then gets weak very fast, and silently ruins the motor through running lean. Not wanting to try that. High Output in brandnew condition is easy to reach.

Comment

I bought mine for about £130 a few years ago. Ill be checking next time im at my unit. I guess even if bought from anywhere but bosch themselves its possible to be fake.

Comment

The sad truth is we can get ripped off with very good fakes in all kinds of stuff, even when paying decent money from so called reputable sources. Nightmare

Comment

a new genuine 044 you can't get for 100€ from a trader! if, nevertheless, it is to 99% a fake one.

there is that original pump only in blue boxes now! Bosch has this changed because it too many copies at the market. there are not them any more in yellow boxes.
              Audi UrS4 20VT Precision 6262, VEMS, CatCams, SOLD
              VW T4 TDI Multivan

pleasure by pressure...

If you are not breaking parts, you're not going fast enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Ficksy Heart View Post
                there is that original pump only in blue boxes now! Bosch has this changed because it too many copies at the market. there are not them any more in yellow boxes.
                this makes sense !
                this one I bought 2,5 year ago from states, from German Auto Supply for $185

Comment

i bought 2 second hand ones form a wrc car. could be fake, presue not, never an issue so

many a factory makes pumps. if they flow as good a "real" ones who cares.

many of you have fake bbs lms and call them replicas. not for me but i dont see many beware thread about them

Comment

The issue here is a fake is more likely to fail or may not flow as well as an original. If you buy replica wheels you know what your getting and if they bend/crack they are cheap to replace. Obviously if they fail in use it could be catastrophic!

The fake fuel pumps are being sold as real Bosch items. Buyer beware as usual with anything bought from any unknown source. Another problem is fakes getting into the OE distribution chains.
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

wheels are fake and prone to break risking your life. same thing. often sold as bbs at a fraction of real cost.

replica=fake. replica just sounds better. ask bbs what they think of replica. I remember about 10 years or so ago bbs having numerous companies raided and so called replicas (fakes) seized. ifmits got a bbs badge in the middle its not replica its a fake.

I agree if fakes hit distribution channel its a bad thing. maybe its easier to spot a fake wheel than a fake pump.

Comment

IMO fakes and replica are not exactly the same. I call it fake, when someone tries to exactly copy the look of the item and then tries to sell it under the name of the item, but produced much cheaper and in weak quality. Just fraud. Replica is the honest Version- copying the design, but telling the people the difference, and that it is a replica. And declaring the quality honestly.

Comment

more photos, on the left (or next to the blue box) is aka original bought from well known auto parts shop; on the right is aka original as well bought directly from China on aliexpress

Comment

so there is no sure way to tell.
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

we would have to say that the pump is a replica then as its not exactly the same. like a bbs lm fake is a replica in many eyes. usually those who have them

Comment

As I have mentioned before

Originally posted by sailaz View Post
                                we can see in one photo above that middle one is slightly slightly shorter and it has 205-03 number, the ones on the side has number 111-30.
                                even OEM can be different modification, maybe older and newer, I'm just guessing ..

Comment

Working...
                                X