Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the left hand pump has a helicoil thread in the inlet, and the right hand pump is threaded alloy?

The crimp looks different, material on the top, and the size of the 4 circles on the top.
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I can repeat myself third time: one pump has number 205-03 and another one 111-30, so logically thinking something has to be different
      Last edited by sailaz; 28 January 2015, 22:56.

Comment

Ok, if we can get genuine "old" bosch 044 cheap that is great, I would just be wary as it seems to have the same helicoil as the ones that flowed less?

Well, we couldn't measure all the fuel pissing out of the end cap, but at 70 psi a real 044 flows about 390 lb/hr, this knock-off flows 260 lb/hr. Around 65 psi, fuel started leaking between the end cap and casing. We quit testing it at 70 because it was spraying fuel everywhere.

Free flow (0 psi), the knock off flowed 420 lb/hr, a real 044 flows about 490 lb/hr.
        Are you going to test one or try it in a car?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I read ages ago that some on here ( pRJ amongst others ) recommended a HRC-255 pump, quieter than 044 and/or Walbro, and 2 year warranty....seen these for around £60 , anyone used them ? Straight swap/in tank ? Big on the Subaru scene apparently ( yeah I know... )

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
            Message sent to seller

Hi there just read up on suspected fake fuel pumps similar to this one is this guaranteed to be of genuine Bosch manufacture, if it turns out to be anything else I would be requesting a refund just to help out the genuine items are made in Czech Republic, M18 inlet, helicoil intake if this item has made in Germany stamped in it please don't send it just save the postage and refund item many thanks for your help

New message from: nadinemc-2013 (629Purple Star)

Hi there, thanks for your message, yes they are and made in Czech, unfortunately I'm now out of stock, so I ll refund you, not a problem, sorry for the inconvenience. All the best

Yeh righty O watch out for this seller fellas clearly a bit slippery
            Back up for sale again!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-0580...item1c4d4adb1d
            sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
              Ok, if we can get genuine "old" bosch 044 cheap that is great, I would just be wary as it seems to have the same helicoil as the ones that flowed less?

Are you going to test one or try it in a car?
              Where did that quote about testing them come from Andy?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                Where did that quote about testing them come from Andy?
                scmil95eg on hondatech

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                  From the ebay add

Capable of providing 300 LPH free flow and 200 LPH at 5 bar (or 72.5 psi) for up to 685 BHP (calculated at 12V, 3 bar (43.5 psi) base fuel pressure, 2 bar (29 psi) boost pressure, 1:1 fuel pressure regulator ratio)
                  Graph from somewhere on here

Does anybody know what a stock pump flows?

What do you need for RS2 spec?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Avoid brands hatch performance on ebay lots of cases of pumps being returned fake

Comment

So here we are again just got a pump of fleabay steel hellicoil intact all numbers and stamps look good +-- signs in the right place found out that it should flow 500ml in 15seconds so gonna test it before I fit it

Comment

OK so after trying a really dangerous idea out, flow test with petrol in an open container and battery etcI wont embarrass myself with the clip, I found out that the pump flows 2.1 litres in 30 seconds but standalone no pressure to fight against.

I know now that this doesn't really tell me anything other than it's pumping fast, so looks like I'll have to fit it and find out anyhoo

Good news is I was nowhere near the S2 when I tried this out so if it exploded into a fireball the car would of been fine

Comment

Just to resurrect this thread , are there any bona fida outlets that are known to sell proper 044 's as I'm after one now... Don't wanna genuine replica l!!

Comment

in USA this is where i get mine....

http://looseboltsmotorsports.com/ind...roducts.search

Comment

I always get my Bosch stuff from Andrew Page

https://retail.andrewpage.com/
                              sigpic

Comment

this one seems genuine perhaps
                                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUIN...-/150523915757
                                ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                                THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X