Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naim22 View Post
    S2's are not hanging around it seems.
    I can't get over the money this made bearing in mind it has a running problem:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-AUDI-...4AAOSwMtxXtbkZ
    And considering the condition:

Come on people. Clean it up. You might find the running issue is something simple.

OK, this is sad. Hard to avoid I guess. (My UrS4s are perfect (zero rust) compared to this)

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Looks like a very good condition coupe for not much more than the estate, avant, station wagon, whatever you wana call them, I'll designate the issue on my (yawn list)

Comment

Glad I didn't sell mine for 7500 now!
        1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Is this acceptable:
          RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
          RS2 - LHD on the road again
          RS2 - reduced to component parts
          RS2 Saloon replica
          A4 1.8T
          BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
          sigpic

Comment

Which led me to this
            RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
            RS2 - LHD on the road again
            RS2 - reduced to component parts
            RS2 Saloon replica
            A4 1.8T
            BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post

I find that our S car's owned by regular 'owners', are all like this underneath, and under the bonnet. Nothing is changed until it breaks. The one hasn't had it's coolant 'upgraded' to the newer pink coolant. Just indicative of the car.

Having said that, these types of cars can still be a good purchase as they haven't been touched or chav'ed, assuming it hasn't been crashed 'badly' during it's earlier life.

Prospective purchasers just need to be ready for the condition of the car, as we are all 'spoilt' by reading and looking at the build threads on this forum.

It's very easy to read such threads, and forget the grief and effort involved, not to mention the expense involved getting the car up to an as new standard, which we all like / want.

I know I'm preaching to the converted older members, but it is more aimed at the newer members / naive owners / prospective owners.

Good to see the S2 / RS2 (and ideally soon UrS6 - still a great bargain atm imho) values going up, makes the man maths we've used to date less nonsensical.

It should be remembered that there is a finite number of these types of cars in RHD which load being broken for a few years a few years ago when values were at their lowest before they become a classic rather than just an old car.

The less remains cars there are ideally the more valuable the remainder will be, although the flip side is that non consumable parts in particular will become even harder to source and get.

Anyway, enough of my pontification.

As you were.

Comment

Working...
              X