Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
    Ahhh yes, lower arms. An annual service item
    My mate did the work on mine and deffo had the cambelt down to under an hour for the turbo variants (we ran lots of 306's before the infamous Claude hit the scene) but he never got anywhere near 20mins. Good work.
    Aye, turbo'd ones took longer as the intercooler sat on top of the engine and it needed to be out the way, it may of had bolts holding the cam covers on as well instead of quick release clips?

Originally posted by naim22 View Post
    Maybe he should just sack a performance car and run the ZX
    They certainly have a (kind of?!) following here!

Comment

Has anyone seen this car? Is there something horribly wrong with it?
      It's back up again and it seems a fair price.
      What I don't get is why it wasn't advertised for some time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-M-PLA...25.m3641.l6368

Might it be time to go and have a look?

Comment

Originally posted by naim22 View Post
        Has anyone seen this car? Is there something horribly wrong with it?
        There were three greens available for a 95 A80Q. None of them were "Dragon". What else did the seller get wrong?

Just sayin'

Attached Files
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

The spelling in the ad is lovely, just sayin......

The car on the face of it seems reasonable.

Good to see decent prices for them now. A car of this standard would't be this levee in years gone by when they seemed to be in prices trough, along with RS2, so as well as the RS2 forging ahead in price, the S2 is going up but not at the same rate obviously.

With any of these cars, they're going to need work doing on them, and money spent, so one car afford it is one at the £5k, plus the £2.5k for spending on getting more right straight away, and then a healthy maintenance budget for stuff that will happen and also the petrol.

At this stage you'll know all of this, but it's always good to hear it again.

The other way for see what you're in for in grief and money is to read how others got on when they bought one and put up a project thread.

Won't hurt to look at it, the more cars you see and examine, the better able you will be to spot the right one for you when you see it.

This is not the definitive list and in no particular order, but some items that may need attention/replacement are coils, pos, shocks, rear callipers, top mounts, front wishbone bushes, intercooler exit hose, air filter, NGK plugs, coil boots, dash bulbs, in addition to the items the seller has already flagged.

All of the suspension and brakes could be vapour blasted, re bushed and pored as they will be rusty as per photos at the start of numbers project threads on here.

It has analogue air con which is no harm, as well as a sunroof.

HTH

Best wishes.

Comment

That's what I was thinking it leaves a bit of room for spending some on it however my son is still at least a couple of months away from being ready it just shows that cars are still available and they haven't gone silly yet

I just wondered if anyone had seen this actual car. It seems to have been for sale for ages which is usually bad news or its too expensive?

Comment

The milometer problem would put me off, Plus two pictures of everything and not one of the engine bay which alot of people do for some strange reason,
              Needs work,
              Colour of the interior,
              its an estate,
              Cheesy and bad write up,
              Then theres the problem of it being overpriced with no compromise of the problems that need sorting out,
              For not much more you'd get a very good working coupe if you just bide your time? They do come up

Comment

People who say 'after I brought it' instead of after I bought it. Happens all the time and does my head in...

That aside he is asking top price for a car that clearly needs a lot of work. That is what is putting people off.

Comment

Ok thats positive, I mean he is more than happy to wait for the right car and if thats considered top price then the budget should be OK. The RS2 took some time to find but it was definitely worth the wait as I've only seen one sub 70K mile car for sale and it went instantly at a daft price.

Ideally he would prefer an ABY coupe and this car has come up a bit early anyway but these things seem to have dried right up in the last year.

I did wonder about the dragon green as Ragusa green is an RS2 colour isn't it? Seems odd that there would be a different palette for the S2/80

What are the UrS4/S6s like? Obviously the power plant is the same but do they feel as fast as the S2s? Or are they more of a motorway cruiser? They seem quite big.
                  Last edited by naim22; 2 September 2016, 20:16.

Comment

Originally posted by HORCH View Post

Its an estate,

The cheek !

Comment

To be honest, he may be interested in a ABY Coupe, but an ABY Avant (Estate) is more practical and discrete imho.

You should have a good idea already having an RS2.

Last edited by macspring; 2 September 2016, 21:25.

Comment

Originally posted by HORCH View Post
                        its an estate
                        Maybe in Brit-speak but in Audi-speak it's an avant.

Comment

Hi Dave, good to see your 'alive and well' and enjoying the fun and keeping all of us honest.

Post # 40 corrected.

Comment

I know it's talk of the devil on here but someone mentioned the e46 m3 being a bit dull to drive earlier. I think jumping straight into one after being used to a 5 cylinder turbo lump you'd almost be right.
                            But if you find a good e46, and get used to the car and wind it up you'll find they are very competent in what they do as an all rounder.
                            Again another car that is already appreciating in price if it's a sought after colour in good condition especially.
                            I knocked them for many years, until I got one and drove it for more than 10 minutes at a time. Great car for what it is, especially as a manual coupe.
                            F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
                            1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                              Hi Dave, good to see your 'alive and well' and enjoying the fun and keeping all of us honest.
                              Alive and well(ish)

At least enough to be my pedantic self

I've probably posted this B4 model designation list before (and this one is UK English) (NO "estates" to be seen) (where 8C = B4, 2= sedan, 5 = avant/wagon)

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like that green estate has sold, the link now leads to a Golf TDi!

S2's are not hanging around it seems.
                                I can't get over the money this made bearing in mind it has a running problem:
                                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-AUDI-...4AAOSwMtxXtbkZ

Its not low mileage nor does it appear to be anything special. I am really struggling to follow the pricing on these cars.

If that's the sort of money a bad one is fetching then it's a no brainer. A 986 Boxster S is a much better prospect for the money. £7k would buy a low mileage near perfect car!

Comment

Working...
                                X