Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would you Invest your hard earned cash in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1960,s Mini Cooper ..the Mk1 original with small rear lights & outside door hinges .. be quick to buy one as prices are rising very fast .. given the Mk1 Cooper S now sell for £30k to £40k & these 970, 1070 & 1275 cc "S" cars keep going on the upward price climb.. the smaller engine 998cc Mini Cooper cars are now catching up in price.
    Yes not a lot of power but just drive a well set up original Mk1 Mini Cooper down a Country Lane & you will see the appeal..never take off the throttle when in a fast corner keep the power ON.
    Make sure to check for rust in most places & do Not buy a Fake Mini Cooper as you will just throw your money away ?

Comment

My money would be on B5 s/rs4 or maybe a c5 rs6 avant

Comment

Audi S2
        VW Corrado
        Porsche 996 Turbo
        MB SL600 (old one)
        BMW E30 Alpina B6 or E39 Alpina B12
        Lancia Delta Integrale
        Renault Alpine
        Audi RS4 B5

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
          Any thoughts on a Porsche 993 ?

They start around £35k, vs £12 for a 996. ...your too late for that party
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

[QUOTE=anthonys2;929894]
            Originally posted by macspring View Post

Any thoughts on a Porsche 993 ?

Just curious either way

Yeah have you got a minimum of 60k to give me?? Read my first post limits are 10-15k not 50k
            Apologies, I wasn't suggesting you consider buying one, I asked had anyone any thoughts on them, just to obtain an idea of their 'value' as I know of someone who owns one.

Sorry for piggybacking on your thread.

Back on topic.

Comment

Has no one taught of a ur Quattro either 10v or 20v a great car rising quickly and more familiar to work on than a Porsche !!!

Comment

You might just get a UR for the 15k budget but should expect to do some work on it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=adam g;929925]You might just get a UR for the 15k budget but should expect to do some work on it.

And I sold mine just before I bought the S2, for £4500

Comment

[QUOTE=Tonybolony;929936]
                    Originally posted by adam g View Post
                    You might just get a UR for the 15k budget but should expect to do some work on it.

And I sold mine just before I bought the S2, for £4500
                    You aren't the only one, I sold a runner for pretty much the same price about 6 years ago. Also gutted.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mike74 View Post
                      Mercedes cls55 amg
                      I agree

Comment

A few people have suggested c5 RS6 and b5 RS4 my fav out of those 2 cars is the RS6 I just can't find one that ticks all my boxes The VW Corrado is a good shout

Comment

RS6 is a Money killing machine

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
                            996 is a good shout. Are they really that cheap already?

I'd look at importing something. Was tentatively looking at shipping my Mustang home, and you can buy a rough, modern shape one for circa £5k, import it for £2k on the road and sell for almost £15k in the UK.
                            The import/export market is definately something to take into consideration,what with the U.S being able to import cars over a certain age (is it 25 years old??),i know that Jap sports cars are a big thing over there and it's pushing the prices up steadily
                            It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Try looking at 30+ year old cars that are considered classics now, are in demand and keep their value and translate that to 15+ year olds. Hard to find large saloons there and certainly no Audis, most of them are sportscars or droptops. So imho a 911 or XK8 is much more likely to keep value than an RS6 or the Benz AMG.

Comment

Merc Cosworth, just on the way up after being 4k all day long. Now 7-9K sometimes 15K. Drive and enjoy, money in the bank IF its been looked after.

Comment

Working...
                                X