No announcement yet.

S6 Boost Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll send it back first thing in the morning!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

i recently got the correct H boost control valve for the tub and fitted it this afternoon. i had been using the J valve up until now with no problems whatsoever, but of course it was niggling me that the H valve would have given me even more zip!

not so.

i took the s6 for a blast this afternoon and it was woefully short on zip! indeed, the boost gauge showed 1.8bar at the maximum with the pedal planted to the deck and acceleration pretty shyte. the J valve would see this figure up to 2.1bar under full boot and have been joyous all the way!

is this just a case of a dud second hand H valve?? it looks spotless but i unfortunately don't have x ray eyes . . .

also, when i had the "michelin man" hose off of the side of the air box, i noticed it oily inside the hose. it's not excessively foul but certainly isn't clean and dry. is this normal? i'm wondering if this is a sign of a turbo that's losing oil etc as i suspect it's burning oil via the turbo . .

Comment

There should really be no difference between the J and H valves apart from the orientation of the plug. The breather system is connected to the MAF hose so there's always some oil in the intake piping unless you fit a catch tank and vent to atmosphere, not worth it on a stock car IMO

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

it must be a dud valve - i fitted the J valve again and took it out tonight - needless to say that an **** burning beemer was made short work of!!

do you remember that feeling when you were young and daft and you got your first "fast" car . . .

I ****ING LOVE THIS OLD CAR !!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X