Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds great again

Comment

That noise after you rev it, that almost sounds like a power steering noise. Mine has that when driving and I thought it was a power steering noise. Is that a normal byproduct of the v8 ? As I am starting to think it's the engine rather than the pump

Comment

Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
        Like this?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks all

Originally posted by Human Joist View Post
          That noise after you rev it, that almost sounds like a power steering noise. Mine has that when driving and I thought it was a power steering noise. Is that a normal byproduct of the v8 ? As I am starting to think it's the engine rather than the pump

No the powersteering noise is not normal. It is because i just filed the power-steering and it still has some air in it. After some time you can't hear it any more.
          1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Joyful I can only just make it out when driving. Will check levels tomorrow

Comment

i was driven today in one rs6

omg
              S2 limo

Comment

Hey. awesome thread, mainly because I must go through the same procedure

Comment

Originally posted by n33yo View Post
                  Hey. awesome thread, mainly because I must go through the same procedure
                  We need some photo's then!

I already did drive it a little. I still have to insure it to make a good test drive. Also received new tires i need to fit.

Attached Files

Comment

Great thread and car !

I have been searched c5 rs6 and now there is one with broken engine (one piston and cylinder broken)

I wonder is c5 s6 block same as rs6 block? Then it's cheaper to use s6 engine parts for repairing

Now my daily is c5 a6 2.5tdi Q s-line. Nice car but boring engine. I need v8

Comment

Originally posted by NakSu View Post
                      Great thread and car !

I have been searched c5 rs6 and now there is one with broken engine (one piston and cylinder broken)

I wonder is c5 s6 block same as rs6 block? Then it's cheaper to use s6 engine parts for repairing

Now my daily is c5 a6 2.5tdi Q s-line. Nice car but boring engine. I need v8
                      As far as i know the S6 engine is not the same as the RS6. It has a other bolt pattern for the gearbox.

Comment

Have put about 800km on the car now. All looks fine!

Attached Files

Comment

Nice...
                          40 litres per 100 ...
                          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I love your updates on this thread I have been after a c5 RS6 for a while and been very very picky and still havent found "the one" your RS6 is simply awesome

Comment

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-g...h-heroes/31225

This link belongs in this thread.

Hopefully it is of interest to the op.

Comment

Nice article yes! But I'm sorry to say i sold mine 3 weeks ago . Enjoyed the car for the summer and sold it so i can start a new project. Still miss it except for the problems you will get with these cars When driving you never know whats next
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X