Modified URS6 running rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by twoqu View Post
    The reasoning behind albeit temporarily getting the fuel pressure down is to get the car back to as stock condition as possible for the MOT test. Ideally we would want the stock fuel pressure, stock injectors, stock sw and a maf that based on its history is still within spec. That gives us the maximum chance of success.
    It is a good opportunity to get a base comparsion via VCDS between the two mafs which I have suggested previously. If the OP tested the ecu to see what resistor it has then we would know which range was applicable. Not that it makes a lot of dfference as the factory specs are 15-24 for ADU and 20-26 for AAN then anything above the top limits suggests the maf.
    I understand the lambda is a new replacement.
    This is all correct Sir

I appreciate everyones help and input thus far as I certainly couldn't have got to this point without you guys and gals

Getting a standard ECU and injectors is a backwards but I concur logical step.......just waiting for a reasonably priced set to turn up as it will only be used for a short period of time to prove our theory

Tonight I will measure the resistor resisitanr to ascertain if a have an RS2 modified ECU and find a way of accessing block 000

I can use my aeromotive regulator to get stock fuel pressure

Comment

• Again, the test is done at fast idle (~ 2000 rpm) where the fuel pressure is most likely normal, who cares about pressure at idle?
      I mean go on, do more useless things

Factory specs for MAF are way too conservative, because they have to account for AC on and so on. ADU over 22 and AAN over 25 = screwed.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Mild update

Fitted a standard "AA" ECU and standard injectors which I purchased from another member on this great forum. Had no joy getting VagCom working yet to check the 000 blocks

The CO has dropped incredibly from 7.2% to 0.6%.......this is still not a pass but extremely close. The MOT chap states that the issue now is the small "race cat" which is fitted

This only leaves a bad map or poorly deka injectors to blame

NB: I am very aware I must not use boost in its current setup, making sure I don't go above 1bar (absolute)

Comment

• Well done. Sounds like you are getting there
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Good to hear they have done the trick

Comment

• Yeah need to see 000 blocks, but if it's in closed loop and regulating then it should indeed be the cat.
              Get a proper big size 200 cell cat, a 5" one or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                Yeah need to see 000 blocks, but if it's in closed loop and regulating then it should indeed be the cat.
                Get a proper big size 200 cell cat, a 5" one or so.
                Now the decision of which ECU route to go down

I've lost faith in "experts" tuning the standard motronic

Comment

• Either standard motronic with prjmod, or .... well... it's even trickier with "experts" tuning standalones
                  Pick who is going to map your car and then buy the ECU they are most comfortable with.

For me it's Ecumaster PnP, but I am not going to tune your car

Comment

• Little update for you peeps

A new 3" magnaflow cat has been fitted along with a wideband bung just incase it's required further down the line, aswell as a sytec adjustable FPR which is set to 4bar without vacuum

Emissions passed!!! Not just scraped through either the CO is now 0.029%

Just a couple of rear brake pipes to change now and she's roadworthy and working

Thank you for all of your input so far, I literally couldn't have done it without you
                    Last edited by S4Marc; 9 August 2018, 20:07.

Comment

• Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Nice one

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Excellent result.
                          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                          96 URS6 plus speck estate
                          94 2.6 80 Avant
                          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• She's now completely legal, onto getting the old Gal remapped to allow boost again

One advisory was surface rust on some suspension components, over winter I will be wire brushing it off and added a layer of protection

One thing I did wonder was can the standard ECU and injectors cope with standard AAN boost pressure or is it wise to keep her safe and maintain negative or zero inlet manifold pressure

Comment

• Originally posted by S4Marc View Post

This is all correct Sir

I appreciate everyones help and input thus far as I certainly couldn't have got to this point without you guys and gals

Getting a standard ECU and injectors is a backwards but I concur logical step.......just waiting for a reasonably priced set to turn up as it will only be used for a short period of time to prove our theory

Tonight I will measure the resistor resisitanr to ascertain if a have an RS2 modified ECU and find a way of accessing block 000

I can use my aeromotive regulator to get stock fuel pressure
                              I checked this resistor out with a multi meter and physical inspection

It's running AAN software

Comment

Working...
                              X