Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi S6

Good afternoon to all

Just looking for advice about my audi S6 do I strip and sell on parts or trying to repair it. Unfortunately 2 weeks ago my baby was damaged by lorry driver who changed line without checking and smashed in my car and pushed in to traffic light on other side. So bought side are damaged.
    I know if I repair it will take long time tu do it and it's going to cost me a furtune.
    But I don't know maybe it's better to sell it in parts and let it go??? I added some picture as well
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

That bodywork damaged is so extensive, that unless you work in a body shop and you are able to keep the costs down then I would be looking to break the car, as the running gear & interior should make a good amount of cash.

Comment

Thats the problem it's cost lot of money and I'm not sure that it will ever sell for good money.

Comment

I know engine I could sell for 3k easy, but don't know about gearbox, interior and suspension

Comment

Not sure what write-off cat that would be but it would have a big impact on the resale price. For parts you are going to have to buy & break an A6 to get the body panels, then you would have to find an S6 bumper and that won't be cheap. So you would have a car that would have a massive deprecation in value, then the cost of buying/breaking an A6, god only knows how much metal bashing will cost and finally a full body respray. = Far too much money. Best off taking the money from the insurance, and buying back the car and selling the bits. That would get you another cat free S6 easy.
          Last edited by B5NUT; 25 November 2021, 09:41.

Comment

That’s unfortunate, as above unless you work in body shop that’s going to be very expensive to repair, what cat write off is the poor thing?

I do have a pair of complete sill’s and four good doors from one I broke to fix the front end of my 30 valve C4 if you do want to fix it but I really can’t see that being that being economical. The A post damage alone is going to take some fixing.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
              Not sure what write-off cat that would be but it would have a big impact on the resale price. For parts you are going to have to buy & break an A6 to get the body panels, then you would have to find an S6 bumper that won't be cheap. So you would have a car that would have a massive deprecation in value, then the cost of buying/breaking an A6, god on knows how much metal bashing will cost and finally a full body respray. = Far too much money. Best off taking the money from the insurance, and buying back the car and selling the bits. That would get you another cat free S6 easy.
              That would make the most sense I reckon. I dread to think how many hours it would take to sort all that damage out.

Comment

That's true It would take a minimum year to do because I don't have time every day only on weekends

Comment

Just the A post would put me off.
                  On the other hand, if you could find a quattro coupe or saloon you could transplant the engine and gearbox.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

On the other hand, if you could find a quattro coupe or saloon you could transplant the engine and gearbox. [/QUOTE]
                    Your a bad man John !

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
                      On the other hand, if you could find a quattro coupe or saloon you could transplant the engine and gearbox.
                      Your a bad man John !
                      [/QUOTE]

No, that's a good idea
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                        Just the A post would put me off.
                        That's not a bad idea at all. Looking at the car again I suspect it's going to be a Cat B mainly due to the the A post damage, so I doubt it will able to go back on the road (only cat C&D can live again), my S2 got Cat B'd due to a slight kink in the floor pan/bulk head which could have easily been body jacked out. At the time I got a really good pay out (what the car was actually worth) and only gave about £500 for the salvage back from the insurance company.

So if you get a fair pay out you could buy another S6, break this one for stuff like the interior and suspension etc and use that money to buy a base model quattro saloon, CQ etc with a knackered motor and transfer the engine and box out of this into it. A mate of mine has recently picked up a very tidy 2.8 CQ with a knackered engine for £1K so there are bargains out there. All depends if you have the time/patience, and mechanical knowledge to do it all yourself as well as what category this car end's up.

Also, if you are planning on retaining the salvage do not let the car off your property, it can be assessed where it is, once the insurance company get their hands on it you'll have no end of bother getting it back if it is a Cat B. Trust me I've dealt with this a couple of times, I had get a solicitor involved to get my Cat B Corrado back which ended up costing the insurance company even more.

Comment

It's on my drive I'm not giving it away. I hope I have enough knowledge to repair it or swap over (working as mechanic at dealership and now in body shop) but unfortunately I thinking to sell on parts due to I dont have time and space to do that. Only if I will find space where I could swap over. I assume it's gonna be cat B 99%

Comment

Question what I could ask for those parts ?
                            maybe some one knows average prices
                            ​​​​​​​engine with all accessories wiring loom with ECU
                            Radiator set
                            Leather interior
                            bonnet
                            Front suspension
                            Subframe
                            Rear suspension
                            Rear diff
                            Proshaft
                            Dash

Comment

If it ends up a Cat B, which I'm also pretty sure it will, you'll have no choice but to reshell it or break it as sadly Cat B's can't go back on the road, you will be required to provide a destruction certificate for the shell.

I'm not super clued up on what C4 parts are worth but an ANN motor/gearbox with ancillary's, loom and ECU has got be worth £3K min perhaps a touch more.

Comment

Working...
                              X