2.8 V6 Cabby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio

Hey mate, i was looking thought the pictures of your car again and noticed that you have changed out the factory radio. I am going to pick mine up this weekend but have an 11hr drive home. There are not enough casstettes in the world for this, so im gonna change the radio out. Was it easy, did you need special tools ?

Cheers again
    Eddie

Comment

• HI mate, no, swapping the stereo is easy if the original loom is in place and you can buy an interface loom for the new one if it doesn't bolt straight in (most do)

The reason I rewired mine is because the previous owner shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a wire of any sort and butchered the whole thing

Comment

• heater matrix

Originally posted by 1781cc View Post
        Final things that have been done since purchase are:

- New Heater Matrix
        - Found that the dash is fubar with cracked circuitry (Acidburn is posting one, I bought one last week off here but it was different on the back despite part numbers being the same!)
        - Gear selector kept jamming, adjusted that, 100% OK now
        - New top mounts (old ones fell apart as soon as they were out)

For the moment my wife is using it as a daily, but its getting there...

I have been using a product to clean up the rear screen called "Hindsight" it's helped a little but not enough - any suggestions on how to restore the screen without replacing? or a good place that will replace it at a sensible cost - tidily...
        Just re-read the whole thread to make sure i had not missed anything. You said here about a new heater matrix, is this because yours is broken?

I ask as my passenger footwell is full of coolant and my windcreen is covered in it and im looking at replacing mine. Have you managed to solve this or is it still on the list ?

cheers
        E

Comment

• My recent water leak wasn't the matrix, the matrix problem I had was solved a long time ago - when I posted that it was about 2 years ago, so the recent one was something different

In your instance if you have coolant in the footwell and a slimy windscreen then its 100% the Matrix

Doesn't sound like you are having much fun at the moment lol

Comment

• Im having all of the fun

Yea its just retro car ownership. If i have the top down then its all gravy and sunshine. Driving to work whilst trying to wipe the window, less fun. I have bought a 12v fan heater and some stop leak until summer arrives fully and i can follow the guide on here for removing the whole dash and get the ****** out. I just hope that a carbrio is the same layout as the S4 in the guide.

Still tho, 400GBP and 58,000miles is still a win i feel

Comment

• So she's been behaving for the last 3 weeks keeping me dry and being reliable, lovely on Sunday with the roof down, and ferrying me around the last few days... Makes a change from the cocoon of the S8

I'll be putting her back in the garage for 6 weeks soon as work kicks in and then it'll be new MOT time, after that though she will be going up for sale

If anyone is interested watch this space, my love affair is coming to an end but, whoever buys her will get something unique!

I'd sell her before then but no time to put a new MOT on before it runs out mid June

Comment

• Great looking as always
                I wonder how much is the real maximum speed of the car in stock condition ? I have same car and just wander
                99' BMW 528iT (the Bear) - sold
                07'-09' Linkoln MkS 3.7 (the Limo)
                94' Audi 90 CS 2.8 (Barak Obama) -Dissasembled donor
                97' Cabriolet 2.8 (Kremena) - sold
                97' Cabriolet 2.8 (Albena) - the One

Comment

• Really like how your cab has evolved it looks sweet. What facia adaptors have you used to fit the aftermarket stereo

Comment

• No much going on other than living in the garage... however, yesterday was MOT day and aside from a bulb, straight through and another ticket for another year!

Now I just need some sunshine to whip her top off!

Comment

• Closing this cars chapter with me is a sad affair, she was a beauty but sometimes for various reasons, you have to split up... Tomorrow she'll be with someone else!

Hopefully sjw185 continues the story... Seems like he's a sound guy and loves this generation of Audi's as well!

Comment

• If those trucks could drive across the Atlantic it would have been coming to me!
                        1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
                        1995 90
                        2011 A4 Avant
                        1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

Working...
                        X