Couple of S2's for sale on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of S2's for sale on eBay

Pricing still on the up. Good for owners, not so good if you're looking to buy at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-M-PLA...gAAOSwPc9WycXj

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-s2-Av...4AAOSwDuJWyHWa

NCTS
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Anybody know of the blue estate as for sale above
    It looks the parts but a long way for me to view it
    Thanks

Comment

Last edited by dm80; 29 February 2016, 12:30.

Comment

Loving all these good prices think I'll re-negotiate my agreed value policy

Comment

Nice to see the prices going up but i don't get why a C4 S6 isn't worth even half the price

Comment

Originally posted by shaun5 View Post
            Nice to see the prices going up but i don't get why a C4 S6 isn't worth even half the price
            I would say going by recent S2 prices very good URS6 examples lavished with money (like S2 owners general do) with right colour/speck would be worth £5k + easy and are a genuine Unicorn car.

With respect to yours.

Maybe Paint and Auto Shaun? How much did the Volcano manual saloon go for near me at just under 200k??
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Just trying to be devils advocate but that URS6 saloon in black recently for 4995 looked mint, whereas shauns - while no doubt a good car- looked a little more tired in the photos. Paint needed attention etc, plus auto box. Price 4500

I know which one I would go for.

That said, black one 195,000miles - shauns 110,000miles.

I think the key might be as simple as full professional valet and better photos.

Comment

I would think my nogaro urs6 avant is pretty rare these days!
                Urs6 avant nogaro
                s2 avant

Comment

I think any C4 is rare, considering they're all bring broken for the engine.
                  '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                  '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Its not just rarity that affects value. Its desirability. S2's are more desirable than S6's - hence the value difference. Don't ask me why, S6's are fine classic cars in themselves with essentially the same core elements.

Comment

hahaha I have just bought an ABY from Glasgow and suddenly 2 come up for sale within half hour drive from me.

Never mind. Looking forward to receiving mine new one

Comment

Both the examples for sale are very low mileage 2 owner cars very rare. I think the debate on values of our S2s will keep ongoing for a while yet but all good rare classic cars values are on the up simply because its an investment opportunity and the people buying classic cars are the average joe blogs like me and you who have worked very hard over the years for a bit extra coin and instead of it sitting doing jacksh1t in a bank they would rather enjoy something they might not have been able to a few years back. My thinking is I still think S2s are under valued when you consider that a poor example UR Quattro is probably around 20k and a damn good one is 35k and take a look at RS2s recently

Comment

Originally posted by Audi J View Post
                          Its not just rarity that affects value. Its desirability. S2's are more desirable than S6's - hence the value difference. Don't ask me why, S6's are fine classic cars in themselves with essentially the same core elements.
                          Yes desirability is what it's about. Lets analyse that for a minute. The only thing making the S2 desirable and now expensive is the engine,nothing else! Thats why the 2.8 B4 quattro coupes are so cheap by comparison. It's the same car just not with an ABY lump. S6 has the desirable lump,therefore desirability and the excitement!
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                            The only thing making the S2 desirable and now expensive is the engine,nothing else .. It's the same car just not with an ABY lump.
                            Not really. Its the same engine yes, but packaged in a larger family sized lump of an outer shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Audi J View Post
                              Not really. Its the same engine yes, but packaged in a larger family sized lump of an outer shell.
                              Where did i say the S2 coupe was the same as S6? I said the S2 coupe is the same as a 2.8 b4 coupe quattro just without the lump!

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                              The only thing making the S2 desirable and now expensive is the engine,nothing else! Thats why the 2.8 B4 quattro coupes are so cheap by comparison. It's the same car just not with an ABY lump.
                              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X