No announcement yet.

Diesel on the Dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannock is the wrong side of Birmingham for us to be delivering to. It was probably one of our competitors

We are based down in Wellesbourne (near Stratford) although I actually live in Hinckley.

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Nice results Ben, what alterations did you have to make to run those injectors?
      Is there any way of altering the idle speed on these cars or does the ecu control all that.
      Have you had chance to look at the earthing problem yet?
      It looks like i'll be selling mine soon.

Comment

s2avant: I get a set of injectors on monday. Got them for 160 eur. Dou you know what is the difference between them and the 1Z injectors?
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

@MartinJS,

No joy on the earthing yet. Still rinning without a speedo. There is a way to rasie the idle speed but not by much. IIRC it is in adaption group 2. You'll need to log in first with 12233.

@Skull,

The only difference is that the cable for injector 3 is shorter on the 110 injectors so you need to take it across the engine to the firewall instead of having it neatly clipped in by the ABS pump.

With the chips in mine I have the IQ set to around 3 and there is still not much smoke. There is less smoke with SVO than diesel though anyway.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Well, with differences i meant if it releases at higher pressures, has more inject holes...
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

AFAIK the injectors only have larger diameter holes. I don't know what the spray pattern is like or if there are more holes.

I do know they make your car faster and that was good enough for my daily driver. I'm trying not to get too obsessed with perfection on the diesel.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

I guess the remap is a must when installing afn injectors?
                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Mine was chipped before the injectors went in. I'm waiting for Mihnea to see if he can find some better software to work better with the injectors. Although 130bhp is about the limit of the stock gt15 turbo.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

You could use the turbo of the older 1Z engine, it is bigger. I will try to install the injectors without remapping, to see what happens. I hope i dont make a mess
                    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

The ECu will adapt to the injectors without any problems. I found mine seemed to get more grunt higher up the rev range with the injectors fitted.

Is the earlier 1Z turbo any better though? I have one from the engine I fitted.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the later turbo was more efficient even though it is smaller.

I'm toying with the idea of a bigger turbo and a S2 intercooler but I'm not sure I need the extra power. It's already a nightmare in wet weather.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                        I'm trying not to get too obsessed with perfection on the diesel.

Is that Slipper Wagon not back in action yet? You'll be ditching it soon for the even darker side, or is that the smokier side?
                        Those track day sound testers had better watch out.
                        SS

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                          The ECu will adapt to the injectors without any problems. I found mine seemed to get more grunt higher up the rev range with the injectors fitted.

Is the earlier 1Z turbo any better though? I have one from the engine I fitted.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the later turbo was more efficient even though it is smaller.

I'm toying with the idea of a bigger turbo and a S2 intercooler but I'm not sure I need the extra power. It's already a nightmare in wet weather.

Ben
                          I only know it is bigger, and gives something even on higher rpm-s. The latest 1Z turbo is smaller, gives more torque in the lower rpm-s, and it is useless above 3500rpm-s. The olter 1Z turbo bears the name T2.
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Seems there's a few people with diesel avants, are they good 2nd car runners?

Comment

Have you had enough of the golf already Jamo?

Comment

I dont know whether to throw money at it and mint it or sell it and get a dag dag sh*tter

There's always this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-SKYLINE...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Working...
                                X