Thank you to Paul Goodwin and Ian Simmonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you to Paul Goodwin and Ian Simmonds

Hi all, I just wanted to write and give my greatest thanks to Paul Goodwin and Ian Simmonds (I think they still use this forum). I recently replaced the heater matrix on my b4 80 tdi and their guide was such a brilliant help to me. It was thorough, well written and with just the right amount of detail. The photos were perfect too. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about working on cars but the job was straight forward thanks to their excellent guide, if a little daunting at times. Thank you very much!

During and after:

DSCN2587s.jpg

DSCN2606fs.jpg

Well done! I removed my dash the other week, was a ball ache. Easy when you know how

Comment

You' are more than welcome, glad the guide is still being used. Paul, bless him, did the stripdown write up first, I just sense checked it, tidied it up and added the photos...
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Seems like alot of people seem to be having to do their heater matrix at the mo
        unfourtunately me going to be one of aswell
        Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
        Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
        Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Nice one...hopefully I can avoid having to do that for a while longer.
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I used their guide as well, it was a major help Big thanks! Great before/after pics also

Comment

The windscreen on the Nothelle is a bit greasy on the inside, it doesn’t bode well.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Silly question, is the guide still available on here? I've not seen it for years (or as a sticky) other than knowing where it is on my PC.
                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Not to be a "me too", but I've done three over the years on three different cars, and while it is always a pain coming to terms with having to do it, not to mention doing it, the silver lining is that you do feel much better after getting it done.

No more fogged windscreen due to no proper heat, no more smelly interiors, no more greasy windscreens, no more filling up the overflow tank, no more wet carpets, and proper heat for the winter and clearing the inside of the windscreen on a wet winter's rainy night.

You get the picture.

HTH those that have to do it, very well worth doing. Use an oem or good quality matrix, you don't want to have to do it again on the same car.

Comment

Found it on a site called "bigbunny.plus.com" under heater matrix tutoriol but now it seems it is no longer avalable.
                    I have to do this so if anyone can give me a link to Ians giude it would be very much appreciated
                    Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
                    Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
                    Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

All links to it seem to be dead

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

Ian Simmonds do you have a copy of the article we can host on the S2forum article section?
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

That was a truly selfless act putting that tutorial together to help others, and I'm really glad my thank you message got through! It's really nice to see it has helped so many others.

Also my sympathy to those of you needing to do it!

Strangely I found a copy to download around a month or so ago, but now I can't find an active link again - there was an active copy really quite recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                            Ian Simmonds do you have a copy of the article we can host on the S2forum article section?
                            Yep, can I email it? pm me. It's a .pdf file.

JPS001... You're welcome, any B4/S2 kept on the road is an achievement these days...
                            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

I have added the replacement guide to the forum articles https://www.s2forum.com/articles/200...lacement-guide
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                              X