No announcement yet.

Tdi boost issue...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't read pump timing on vcds lite anyway. You need someone with vcds 2 pin adapter and 5 mins to plot your timing.

Comment

my tdi felt flat untill 2.5k recently and the pipe from the turbo housing to the boost solenoid had rubbed through.. now im having issue of no throttle but it boosts right again lol my maf specified readings are 256.0 mg/str and actual is 26.6mg/str can i assume the maf is kaput? sorry for diving in on this thread but may aswell keep the tdi chat together lol

Comment

Easy way to check if maf is goosed is to disconnect the maf plug and take it for a drive, if performance is increased the maf is dead, if its the same the maf is failing but not completely dead, if its worse the maf is fine

Comment

I'll join the club then!
          Mine was running fine as usual until today

Second gear foot down. Hit 3000revs and it felt like a parachute pulling me back
          Change to third. Booted to 3k again.
          Nothing wrong
          Did it a couple more times but only in second.
          Did a few practice starts tonight and it's fine(engine not as warmed up though)

Comment

Originally posted by dubmanted View Post
            Easy way to check if maf is goosed is to disconnect the maf plug and take it for a drive, if performance is increased the maf is dead, if its the same the maf is failing but not completely dead, if its worse the maf is fine
            wont run at all with maf unplugged...

Comment

If the 1Z is like the AEL/AAT 5cyl TDi engines, you can't set the timing without VCDS, if the garage have tried to do it via tippex marks , it will be out.
              sigpic
              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

replaced maf and mine is sorted

Comment

Suspect its done ala tipex route. Car went in for head gasket boosting ok. Collected once job done, car wasnt boosting at all, took it back and then it will only boost till 2,200 revs. guessing now it was the best they could do without vag'coming it. Cheers for pm dubmanted will book her in
                  Last edited by yodaboyo; 21 September 2015, 21:37.

Comment

replaced the 50/60 set up with 40mm allround. much better ride and looks better than I thought it would....need spacers now

This has got all new suspension now including brakes. Engine and bodywork next

Oh....another quick question if I may, what does a diesel sound like with a proweflo system ?

Comment

if i can be arsed tomorrow i'll put the full decatted stainless exhuast from the tdi avant ive just bought to break onto my 80 and let you know

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8SItggUV1o

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Sweet

Just ordered a set of AFN 110bhp injectors, will fit them and hot foot it over to local garage to get pump timed. Got s/s exhaust system so ditching the cat. Got blanking plate for egr today

Im guessing I will need to solder a socket into the ecu? does anyone on here sell chips? my Danish pal no longer doing business

Boost gauge on the way from germany to, will be drilling an air vent this weekend

guess last two things are air box and hammer mod.

Comment

What's the score with pump timing when fitting the afn injectors? I have some to go in.. Also what's the hammer mod? Also does anyone else's tdi sound like an old transit on idle? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by sam80quattro View Post
                              What's the score with pump timing when fitting the afn injectors? I have some to go in.. Also what's the hammer mod? Also does anyone else's tdi sound like an old transit on idle? Lol
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9kfXQyO_NQ
                              sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

i am an expert when it comes to hammering things, given that i am so cra#p with a spanner, the thought of using a hammer makes this a must and will elevate me to master mechanic status, fit to roam the tools section of halfords whilst looking like I know what im looking for

Pump needs re doing so guessing its better to do it after fitting new injectors?

Comment

Working...
                                X