Samco Coolant Hoses - 1st GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samco Coolant Hoses - 1st GB

OK - I finally have some firm prices from Mr Samco on th coolant hoses !

As posted elsewhere, the tooling is now ready and I am expecting a sample set for trial fitting in 2-3 weeks. I just need to guage how many orders are in the 1st Group Buy.. I'm not seeking money at this stage.

HOWEVER - if anyone else wants to be a guinea pig then please contact me regarding a sample set. I'll take one capable volunteer with a 3B and one with an RS2.

The coolant hose kit will be available as two parts - each is suitable for 3B, ABY & RS2 applications to the best of my knowledge.

Kit 1 - the main 'radiator kit' with six large hoses attaching radiators to engine and the expansion tank of course

Kit 2 - the extra 'heater kit' with four smaller hoses connecting the heater matrix to the rear of the engine. Also contains the two coolant link hoses for the thermostat and turbo... This kit is for RHD vehicles only. I believe one heater matrix hose is different on LHD vehicles... This is not yet available from Samco.

To avoid any confusion with auxiliary radiators - the radiator kit contains ALL the hoses you need for both radiators, so if you don't use the aux rad, then just modify the main hose as per the norm. This way is cheaper and less confusing for Samco - remember these hoses are common with other Audi 80 models. Hence we get a nice price based on reuse of their tooling.

Recommended *Retail* prices from normal Samco outlets are as follows:

Kit 1 = 140.84 GBP plus VAT = 165.49 GBP
    Kit 2 = 60.52 GBP plus VAT = 71.11 GBP

Using my discount, the prices to S2 Forum members are somewhat more attractive:
    Kit 1 = 125 GBP
    Kit 2 = 50 GBP
    These prices include the dreaded VAT as I have to pass it onto Samco
    Only extras are postage which can be minimised if we can bundle delivieries.

Who wants one - in the colour of their choice - Black, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow or Purple ?

Cheers,

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

I will take the Kit 1 in black. Thank you.
    Last edited by Sweeper; 12 October 2005, 17:47.
    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I would be in for a set. In the obligatory blue, please..........

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
        OK - This kit is for RHD vehicles only. I believe one heater matrix hose is different on LHD vehicles... This is not yet available from Samco.

Paul
        Heater matrix hose, its very easy to fix all you need is stanley knife, the only hose that dont fit is the one from the botom of expansion tank.
        sigpic_________
        Rob

Comment

I would be interested keep me posted on these.
          3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Please may I have a complete kit in Black.

I am not sure if I am capable but I am prepared to be a RS2 guinea pig, unless a more capable person turns up.

Angus
            formally RS2 +

Comment

Me too !

Would be very interested as well !!! Standard SAMCO Blue for me !

Any chance of being able to put them in the same box when you'll send me my boost kit to save on international postage costs even if that means that the boost kit has to wait for the coolant kit or vice-versa ?

Thanx Paul !!!
              Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

Full black kit for me please Mr N!
                Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

hey Paul,
                  as my RS2 is an LHD and i live in Greece,i guess since im not in the rush of things,i will wait until a kit for the LHD is prepared so that i can get the whole thing all at once.Is that ok with you?I dont want to confuse you with the group buys and all.Just tell me when is better.
                  thanks
                  Vasilis

Comment

Hey...

I am interested too

Somewhere a pic of finished hoses ? Or a pic of the hoses which would be on SET 1 and SET 2 ?

So for understanding : The Samco hoses are like the OEM in form and fitting ?

Flexx

Comment

Flexx - pics will be posted when I receive the sample set for fitment to my ABY (RHD).

The Samco hoses shall be identical to the OEM items in form and fit - with one exception - I have specifically given them instructions to provide additional clearance for the main hose where it comes very close to the inlet manifold.

I'll post pics of each factory hose alongside its Samco brother in due course.

Paul
                      Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by robo
                        Heater matrix hose, its very easy to fix all you need is stanley knife, the only hose that dont fit is the one from the botom of expansion tank.
                        Huh - why is that different on the LHD cars?

I'll check the family album again but its frustratingly vague in this area. I'd much rather have a trusty LHD owner to verify everything properly. (Thinks of someone in Italy whose name begins with M)

Paul
                        Paul Nugent

Comment

i would help you but im so new with this engine,i could only take pictures.I dont know which hose is which and where it goes!!!

Comment

I would be intersted in all (boost, both water kits)

edit : blue aby plz
                            ABY Coupe
                            sigpic

Comment

samco coolant hoses

hi paul count me in for a set kit 1 in blue please
                              S2,s ARE COOL,MATT GREEN GOLFS ON THROTTLE BODIES ARE HOT.

Comment

Working...
                              X