Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 front bumper/spoiler

Sorry Mik,Paul,Zenith
    Got a bit carried away under Zenith's thread.

I am currently trying to collate the amount of interest on this forum for the RS2 front bumper/spoiler,also what time frame he majority if not all would like any possible group purchase to take place.
    I have contacted a few vendors to see if they would be at all interested in a group sale with a decent discount,i have 1 firm bite at present,but there are a lot of vendors out there so i will trying many more yet,there are lots on the continent,also in the states,but the shipping cost would negate that avenue so i wont be looking there.
    The poll for this should tell me how many people are interested(so please vote even if just to register your interest)and also the time frame we are looking at for any possible purchase.
    At present i dont want to start talking too in depth about prices as,
    1:The prices vary lots between -£300 to +£1000
    2:The qualities can vary from what i can determine too
    3:They can be bought with or without fogs/indicators
    4:The lights alone can be pricey and are off a Porsche993

At present i will add new polls as we go to fine tune everything.
    Any new info i get i will be posting here on this thread.
    Feel free to add any ideas info or concerns that come up,and if i have forgotten something just let me know.

Rob W
    Rob W
    04 Audi S4 Avant
    55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
    92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
    1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Rob, just to clarify...are we going to look at a group buy for just the bumper itself or are we going to try and get the complete thing (lights and all)?
    Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
    Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

At the moment i just want to collate info like prices with and without lights.Its about what we want as a group not me,so roll on anymore questions and ideas.I will also look at the prices for lights separately from other sources,and will try and get prices on the RS2 grill also whilst the bit is between my teeth.
      Rob W
      04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

hehe...cool. Thanks mate...

2001 A4

Comment

As it stands at present the cheapest price for genuine RS2 spoilers is with GPC in Luton (GPCvwaudi.COM).
          I originally found this place last summer on a search for the very same RS2 front then,i still cant better it SIGH:CRY:
          He wouldnt budge on price for me on a group buy though,as he says a rise is imminent.
          His price for the RS2 front is £500,fogs £60each,indicators £18each.
          Im still waiting for other vendors to get back to me,even VAGparts are trying to get a competitive price for us.But as it stands this is the cheapest unless we look at replicas etc.
          You pays your money you takes your choice,if anyone wants to go to GPC and look at the merchandise let me know as i will pop along with them,anyhow post your feelings on how to proceed.
          Rob W
          04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

That's a lot of money for a plastic bumper....what was the verdict on the replicas? Are they okay or cheap-looking? I'm willing to wait and see what the other vendors come up with..

2001 A4

Comment

I can only go by what ive read and been told,but replicas dont tend to be finished off particularly well,meaning they need to be prepped a fair bit before being sprayed for a good finish.It must be said though that the prices will be less with aftermarket gear.
              There are various non genuine spoilers ive seen around on my searches one did catch my eye,i will try and post a picture of it when i get home if the size aint too big,else i will send it to you.
              If anyone has any pictures of non standard spoilers that we might like i think it would be a good idea to post them,even better with the makers name etc.
              Ive just spoken to another supplier who is waiting for his contact in Germany to give him a price on 10 units,we are hopeful he can better the GPC price,but as for the lights it seems this is a direct from Porsche price and theyre the cheapest.I will try to lower that price too though if at all poss,by going through a Porsche Club.
              Rob W
              04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

I thought someone on here (was it Marco?) recommended the Rieger kit?

If is recommended then the bumper mesh, delivery and vat comes to £323.

Did you manage to get a discount for bulk buy on the Rieger?

Then the Porsche lights and indicators for what you can get them Rob - (cheaper than the GPCs £156 - is that inc vat?)

Are the connectors a straight fit?

£479 then spraying - Is £100 about right for a decent job?

Mmmm - all depends on if the Rieger is a decent straight on, no fannying around replica??
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Rob,

How much cheaper do you think these replica bumpers are, is there a big difference in quality? No point if they look ******.
                  I could probably streeeeetch to the GPC price but I am scary skint at the moment (no secret why )

Cheers Mark.
                  Mark - Modded

Comment

Now i like this kit sorry about the poor pic.
                    Attached Files
                    Rob W
                    04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Is this the rieger kit you have seen?
                      Attached Files
                      Rob W
                      04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

I am not that keen on that rieger kit i posted i guess it might have been a different one Marco meant?
                        Buying other than genuine RS2 could cut the cost buy between £250-£350 taking into account the cost of lights.
                        It would be ideal if i go and look at a few bumper kits to get an idea of quality etc,but i ideally would like someone with an real eye for panels to take a look also,any takers?
                        Does anyone on this board have a replica bumper kit? i would value there opinion on all this,ive mostly heard negative about aftermarket kits anyone want to say different???
                        Im not really sure of spraying costs,i know your paint has to be matched,as the colour of each car changes with time,so £100 sounds about right Doug.
                        I can well see how your pockets drained Mark,but i would guess the last thing you (or any of us) want is a naff SPOILER on such a great looking car.:eek2:
                        Im off to the Highlands on Friday but i hope to have some more info before i go
                        Rob W
                        04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Oh and here a couple of RS2 fronts
                          Attached Files
                          Rob W
                          04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

nother
                            Attached Files
                            Rob W
                            04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

For what it's worth, I definitely like the RS2 front the best....

The silver car would be a nice alternative...don't like the white car either...

2001 A4

Comment

Working...
                              X