No announcement yet.

Feb 8th 3B Samco update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas - do you have any pictures of the modification needed on that hose. How much did you need to trim at the turbo inlet ?

Paul

Originally posted by Jonas_R
    Well,

I removed the front bumper and then dismantled everything from top to bottom. Then fitted it in reverse order, starting with the bottom.

I only removed the bumper and that was it.

But as i wrote somewhere else, you need to modify the turbo-maf hose.

you can email me at audis2@lite.dk if you want in swedish, should be able to understand that

/Jonas R.
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Hi Paul,

I have tried to make a small series of pictures that illustrates what to do, here goes:

Well this is the connection that you cut ca. 1.5 cm off:

Here you see the 90-degress plastic pipe, when fitted normaly the cape is fitted onto where the arrow point in the first picture, however the is not what you want to do:

In this picture you can se how to fit the 90-degres plastic pipe to the Turob-MAF hose DV inlet,the end pointing downwards is connection to the hose that connects onto the DV this will allow you to have enough space so that the IC-TB hose can fit.

Ohhh yeah, i did not trip anything at the turbo inlet since this is not possible, instead i used a black reinforced waterhose, about 12-15 cm long and sliced it up in the middle. I then put it over the metal edge behind the headlight, that rubs on the MAF-turbo hose, and use to strips to secure it, and that worked for me.
      I did not cut in the turbo inlet, because there simple is not enough hose.

/Jonas R.
      Last edited by Jonas_R; 12 April 2005, 15:44.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Jonas,

Thanks but I still don't understand images 2 and 3.

Do you have any photos of the Samco hose alongside the factory hose at different angles ?

I don't now have a set of 3B factory hoses to compare with...

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
          Jonas,

Thanks but I still don't understand images 2 and 3.

Do you have any photos of the Samco hose alongside the factory hose at different angles ?

I don't now have a set of 3B factory hoses to compare with...

Paul
          Well picture 2 is a picture of the 90-degress pipe and not a t-connection sorry about that.The 90-degress pipe goes into the MAF-turbo and onto the hose that goes onto the divertal valve. It is a simple 90 degress plastic pipe which has a cape, so the hose cant go that far on to the pipe in the one end, this is way you use the end without the cape to insert into the MAF-turbo hose.

And picture 3 shows how to connect the 90-degress pipe into the MAF-turbo hose.

But perhaps someone can take a picture of the 90 degress pipe?

/Jonas R.
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Yes, you turn the 90deg plastic part around so it slides in further horizontally into the Maf/Turbo hose. Normally the flange on the part means that it sticks out further and collides with the IC outlet.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh
              Yes, you turn the 90deg plastic part around so it slides in further horizontally into the Maf/Turbo hose. Normally the flange on the part means that it sticks out further and collides with the IC outlet.
              Hi John,

Thank, this is what i was trying to explain. However for me it was not enough to just turn the pipe 90 deg. i also had to cut som off the inlet. But you did not?

/Jonas R.
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Hi - just wondering if there are still any 3B water and boost hoses available? I'm starting to think I've got a small water leak somewhere, not that I can see it, but the car is using water (at a slow rate, but it does need regular monitoring) and this is even after ditching the aux rad and having a new main rad, (and I'm absoutely hoping it's not the head gasket), so the water's going somewhere.

If I'm going to the lengths of replacing all the water hoses, I might as well replace all the boost hoses at the same time, what do you think?

Is there still a chance of getting a set of boost and water hoses for the 3B (minus aux-rad)? Do they still do them in Tart red? How much? How long to fit them all?!
                Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

I have a set of boost hoses in black for sale @ the right price
                  Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Would 2 pints of Stella be enough that's about all I can afford right now :cheers:

I'm a bit skint actually - got my bank, and credit card, statements this month and it's not pretty reading. Going to have to put S2 projects on hold for the mo' I think...
                    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Working...
                    X