Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 CQ Taillight Circuit Board Rehab

Hi there,

I have a few intermittent bulbs within my taillights due to what appears to be the circuit board. When I try to troubleshoot this, a little wiggle bring the bulbs right back to life.

I tried cleaning the contacts, changing the bulbs, improving the contact pressure, cleaning the connector etc without much progress.

Any advice on how to improve the taillight bulb connectivity? Is there a contact cleaner/conductivity enhancer that I can just spray on?

Thank you!

Hi

You could maybe try a conductive paint and paint it on the traces of the board?

Regards

Jase.

Comment

I have a theory it's the rivets that connect some of the tracks to each other, some way of tightening the rivets or replacing them with screws might help. I don't think soldering is a solution because the tracks appear to be galvanised. I believe there's a 1/4” spade tag on the side of the cluster that can be used as a direct ground, taking this direct to a chassis point might help and will certainly improve brightness and cure the xmas tree effect.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

I have exactly the same problem which causes a "bulb out" X on the dash when the side lights are turned on. I am convinced is the primitive circuit boards + corrosion that is causing the issue. I am trying to work out how to remove the corrosion and return them back to normal operation...

Any help or advice welcome!
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Or....

https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tra...ategory=119027

https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tra...ategory=119027

The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
          X