Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i reckon on standard subframe mounts these will be a winner, with alloy mounts and these you might be getting more noise through them. I have the ally mounts and oem w/bone bushes, if they fail soon then I'm going this way too....the car is going to be tracked more this year and is definately a 3rd car now so it can afford to be trading some comfort for feel/performance i think
    Keep us posted...
    David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Seriously - go to www.vagparts.com - you will find what you need. RS2 FARB joints are PFF3-103-27 !
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

vagparts is cheaper than powerflex itself!! im going to buy them from there...

Comment

Great info Paul

Cheers,

Steve.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Nice one Paul,
            Im sure people will find this write up useful.
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

I spoke to martyn about these when I popped in and ordered mine (saw yours on the wayto you paul ) and they said that powerflex re-done them to get rid of the squeaking that the first versions had.

Comment

is that the inner knurling you can see in Paul's pics i wonder?
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

powerflex

I have had powerflex on my rs2 [also have alloy top mounts] and no probs , no noise , does seem to firm up the feel a bit though

Comment

First thoughts on the Powerflex wishbone bushes fitted to my front-end are in short - fantastic.

Noticeable improvement in steering accuracy and overall handling. Just feels more planted and less wooly at the front than it was. I cannot detect any increased road noise and there is absolutely no squeakiness.

Thats based on about 50 miles moderate/casual driving on A and B roads - not a maximum attack test of any description.

My suspension geometry is not setup yet so I know there are improvements to come when its all lined up perfect. -ve camber on each side isn't matched up yet. The tracking is just about perfect though the steering wheel hangs to the right a little - just normal suspension rebuild fun and games. I have my own camber and tracking guages which are accurate enough to use myself with some time and patience - I'll give the car a good thrashing to bed everything in first before making any tweaks.

Be interesting to see how long the Powerflex bushes last though. My original items had done 136k miles and were not worn out - just softer material of course.

In fairness, I have also replaced the bottom balljoints and top mounts with stock items on each side,but neither was worn out so I am confident that most of the improvement in feel at the wheel has come from the powerflex bushes.

Paul
                    Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

has anyone tried the powerflex for a long time to see their longevity?
                      Give us any feedback on squeeks Paul.So far so good!!nice

Comment

Excellent info Paul, are you running stock or alloy sub frame mount's and iyho what would be best combo for everyday road use??.

Dale.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm on stock (original) subframe mounts all round. I do have some alloy ones to try someday but me gut feel tells me they will be too harsh for everyday road use. Dunno for sure though.
                          Paul Nugent

Comment

Have read quite a few threads here regarding bushes and seem's to be quite a difference in opinion.
                            Suppose it's down to personal preferance at the end of the day, but it is good to get a mixed bag of ideas.
                            Hail the forum
                            sigpic

Comment

Ive had them fitted in mine for about 4 years now and covered about 20-30k with them and been fine after I got powerflex to redesign them.... Had to fit the bushes with different prototypes about 3-4 times before they goto to the design that doesnt squeak all the time.

Greg

Originally posted by PapVas View Post
                              has anyone tried the powerflex for a long time to see their longevity?
                              Give us any feedback on squeeks Paul.So far so good!!nice
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                                I'm on stock (original) subframe mounts all round. I do have some alloy ones to try someday but me gut feel tells me they will be too harsh for everyday road use. Dunno for sure though.
                                Had Dialynx alloy subframe bushes on mine for years...6 i think and i think they really sharpen it up with not much noise transmitted IMO

I think if you arent detecting any noise through the bushes then it would be just a tad noiser with them but a whole host more feel and sharpness to the feedback
                                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X