Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My PF front wishbone bushes must have been on my CQ now for circa 10 years! I had the wishbones off to replace a wishbone recently and just used the bushes again because the bushes were fine. No excess movement and no notable squeaking. they have perhaps shrunk a little in this time as they were fairly easy to dissasemble and reassemble into the new wishbone. But other than that. Awesome!

Only thing to note is, if you burn the bushes out , remember to carefully cut out the outer metal sleeve with a hack saw. It isnt always obvious that it is there!!
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
      is this for the lower control arm....sort of a metal arm with a rubber bush one end and a balljoint type fixing on the other end?
      Yes! thats the one.
      I checked closer today, and It is an bush there. Im not taking it out as it's fine, but what I dont understand is why they dont exist in powerflexs' product range?
      Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

I´ve gotten powerflex for the farb inner bushings, but have a look at the link.. i can´t tighten it without it saying plop and slipping out on either side. I rechecked with the dealer it was the right size but it seems to be too large anyway!?
        http://picasaweb.google.com/Trankell...58813421939170

(if anyone wonders it is not my s2, it´s my 84 80 quattr0 )
        sigpic
        80 quattro 1984..... S2 sedan 1994

Zermatt silver......... Brilliant black

Comment

that bracket you got there is not original, is it?
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

its the right size bush if you can only just close it around the bar between fingber and thumb

The backet is also shaped different to the bit you're using as Skull says
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

ok..

I´m still a bit confused here, can anyone post a photo of how the bracket should look then? Those on the picture were the ones there before and they look like that in the repairbook. sadly the OEM ones are out of production.

mvh Martin
              sigpic
              80 quattro 1984..... S2 sedan 1994

Zermatt silver......... Brilliant black

Comment

Paul,

Can you just confirm your picture on post 12 is the labeled up correct. My cast wishbones had the shorter arm installed to the front and the longer arm to thr rear. The bottom ball joint was also off-set to the longer arm side.

Comment

I'd say it was wrong too, the ball joint is on the wrong side and the labels are the wrong way round.
                  sigpic
                  1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                  1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                  1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

I have an issue fiting the front subframe superflex bushes. the rear ones are ok, but the front, longer ones, do not fit perfectly.

this is the top. i can press it in a bit, but it slides out. looks like the curve on the inner part is not right.

same on the botto, + the metal sleeve is too short

is that how it is ment to be??
                    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

when you tighten the subframe onto the car it compresses the poly bush - its supposed to be like that
                      There are two different sized sleaves IIRC, the front two and back two are slightly different.

HTH
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                        I'd say it was wrong too, the ball joint is on the wrong side and the labels are the wrong way round.
                        Just spotting this now - LOL - yes I think it is wrongly labelled. I actually remember putting them on the car wrong side round cos they had been the car so long. Then when nothing wanted to bolt up properly I realised the mistake. Sorry - will try to rectify, but meantime I will edit post #12 to say it is labelled wrong !

OOPS
                        Paul Nugent
                        Webmaster http://S2central.net
                        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          when you tighten the subframe onto the car it compresses the poly bush - its supposed to be like that
                          There are two different sized sleaves IIRC, the front two and back two are slightly different.

HTH
                          yes, the front ones are the ones on the pic, longer. it is strange because the rear ones fit in perfectly. boh
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Hmm not sure on rears as they are differnt on the limo
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

no no, i am talking about the front and rears on the front subframe
                              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

you sure you got them on right mate?

There are should be 4 half bushes with a chamfered edge and 4 with a straight cut - the straight cut ones go between the subframe and the car, the chamfered ones go between the subframe and the bolt head / washer. you mgiht be able to see in these pics:

Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X