Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I used the washer because the the calipers were getting to close to the disk. I dont mean the pins but the caliper itself. Without the washer there was around 1.5mm with the washer around 4mm.
    Well the pins are designed for a 28mm disc, I used a 30mm disc. Therefor you should take min. 1 mm of all pins. I took something like 1.5mm off.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

O yes, I also used the RS2 caliper bolts, which fit as well:

4x N 100 650 02 - RS2 caliper bolts without VAT 6,40 Euro

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
        Well I used the washer because the the calipers were getting to close to the disk. I dont mean the pins but the caliper itself. Without the washer there was around 1.5mm with the washer around 4mm.
        Well the pins are designed for a 28mm disc, I used a 30mm disc. Therefor you should take min. 1 mm of all pins. I took something like 1.5mm off.
        OK, I understand what you mean. 4mm is quite a lot, and from my experience 1.5mm is enough room between caliper and disc. You will loose quite some disc surface, when the caliper is further above the discs in your case. When the discs get really hot the discs will expand a bit, but not more then 1mm. Anyway, staying on the safe side is always good

Comment

Well the hole pad is inside the disc, so I dont believe that will be to big of a problem.
          I rather want a bit more clearence, just to be one the safe site
          Someone suggested using 4mm spacer, I found that to be to much, so I went with the 2.88mm washer instead. But I must say that it seems to fit nicely right know.
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

That is good to know, I cant edit my post but perhaps an administrator could add the RS2 caliper bolt part no. Also do you have the part no. for the Zimmerman disc?
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

I bought the RS2 bolts for calipers to,..Jonas the hardlines you used just look like normal copper piping ?..2 male ends ..........then you connected one end to caliper then the other to female end of flexi hose?
              93 S2 Avant Parting
              91 URQ RR
              02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

The RS2 hardline idea is a crap one IMHO, they don't even fit corectly as pointed out. I originally made my own hardlines, 400mm of tube with 2 male M10x1.0 fittings IIRC. The next time I had to get the brake disk off I went back to flexi hoses.
                SS

Comment

Knight Rider S4: yes that is correct, just normal copper pipe and 2x male.

I dont think the hardlines are that crap IMO, but ofcourse they are not optimal. But they are not that expensive and it is small bend that you need and then they fit without problems
                  Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

The hardlines are OK - pretty cheap too and don't need much effort to make them work.

I wouldn't bother with the disc shields myself.
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
                      That is good to know, I cant edit my post but perhaps an administrator could add the RS2 caliper bolt part no. Also do you have the part no. for the Zimmerman disc?
                      I am sorry, but I do not know the number of the Zimmerman discs. I just order them from Ebay or Ultimot by the disc size, and not the part number

Comment

What are disc shields Paul?
                        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

They are the rusty bits of tatty old metal that you bashed with a hammer to make room for the bigger discs & calipers. I hate them.
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

[QUOTEHowever Iam a bit unsure how you bleed the fluid, I will try this next week so if anybody has any suggestions that would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Nice job, would save up for some stainless flexis tho- try this for bleeding the brakes:

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...e_bleeding.htm

But use DOT 5.1 fluid

Comment

Dubmeister:

I think I will stick with the DOT4 fluid since I dont want to drain the whole system.

In regards to the bleeding proces, perhaps I was a little unspecific. I wanted to in which order you bleed a 996 caliper, since it has to bleeding valves.

Cheers
                              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                                They are the rusty bits of tatty old metal that you bashed with a hammer to make room for the bigger discs & calipers. I hate them.
                                I also remove them completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X