X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lee
    Blimey Mik,

Those parts look like they've spent some time at the bottom of the ocean. That is quite some corrosion!! I guess you threw most of it away and remewed it.

Lee
    Yeah, it was bad enough to spark a rebuild, still working on it.... And no, not much will get put back on, the stuff is either getting blasted and painted or replaced...
    Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
    Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

Good write up.

How long did it take you Mark?

I'll need to go and have a pull of mine to see what it is like.
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Doug,

thanks , it only took a couple of hours to do, if that.

A good way to test it, is stick something like a spanner or BIG screwdriver between the aluminium mounting and the subframe and lever it up. You'll soon see how much play there is that way, if there is any.

Mark.
        Mark - Modded

Comment

I had to replace mine 2 years ago when i bought the car, fitted an OEM one and I can happily say its ****. Will be upgrading for a powerflex one in the near future.

Job is fairly easy and straight forward, just watch out for the rusty subframe bolts!!
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Got one of these yesterday. I didn't even know they exist. So, many thanks!

Dunno when it will be installed. I guess I'll change the front mounts and rear subframe bushings to body at the same time.
            -

Comment

Top Mod award to MarkH again - brilliant !

Paul

Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Checked condition of mine today...holy s**t , theres a good inch of play , take it thats not good.
                new one should be here tomorrow

Comment

Cast your minds back to marks first SFS mod, a lot of people copied that one! if the Coupe guys are doing this mod, maybe you should hook up for a GB, save some pennies for Xmas! ;-)

Martyn
                  Martyn
                  -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Sounds good to me as i occasionaly get a hefty thud from the rear diff (my dodgy clutch control ). i dearn't look at them in case is's worse than i think it already is.:wacked: :wacked: . Ignorance is bliss, but a group buy would be good and especially if a group buy on the snub mount is going i wonder if we could incorporate the two and get even more discount .
                    Graham
                    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Show of hands again? (who's going to ask?)

S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Here goes the sweeper

Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I get a thud too, but its only at 2000rpm, but at 2500 rpm, sweet as a nut m8 sweet as a nut.

LOL sweeper, that cat in ur avatar is funny looking!
                          Coupe

Comment

Not getting the thud but ive done most of the suspension now anyway
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I get a small thud at low speeds. Never thuds when starting off only when moving, between gear changes when the drive is taken back up.

I'm guessing this won't fit the Avant as it is a different set up. Any fellow slipper wearers changed their mounts?
                              Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Count me in on these why not, then i have only got the strut tops, ARB's and steering rack to do.
                                Graham
                                Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X