Finally, mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, mine

I promised to tell you what's PIS. This was. I bought a damaged coupe last may and repaired it. A bit of work was involved

Let's let the pictures tell you:

May. The day I bought the thing. Errrmmm..uhhh. There was also cylinder block damage
    And yep, that's me.

September. The body was straightened and engine was being rebuit the same time - by myself of course.

November. Rebuilt 3B waiting for install. Standard except some head porting was done.

November. First test drive. No unnecessary bits bolted on
    No power steering, power brakes etc.

December. Ready for MOT. The rainbow is currently more colourful as now the bonnet is silver (and straight).

After paying 3700e Finnish car tax I was able to get it registered. Now I've done ~5000kms with it without problems.

So what was done?

Engine totally rebuit to AAN block using 3B damper and flywheel. Naturally this ment that the crank assy had to be balanced.
    New piston rings
    New bigend and main bearings
    Valve job
    All gaskets new inc. metal head gasket
    Head porting

Complete brake system overhaul: sand blasted & powder coated calipers, new pistons, new seals, new disks, ebc greens, bomb

Some of the "new" body etc. parts I had to buy: bumper, xmember, ic, rh wing, bonnet, lights etc etc etc

The interior was also dismantled and cleaned as the previous owner apparently was smoking A LOT.

Rear clusters were leaking so they had to be sealed.

Prop shaft center bearing changed, btw BMW e34 518 part is a bolt on bit! no VAG part available.

Original wheels sand blasted + painted and winter tyres bought. Yes, yes, I know the wheels don't look very good in one colour.

Current todo list:
    Collecting money for repaint
    Prop shaft center joint
    A/C refill, currently vacuumed to prevent corrosion
    Seat heaters
    Drivers side seat base foam
    911T replica wheels for summer
    HP... currently totally stock condition

So why all this effort for a car? I was planning to buy a 80 2.8q but this way I could afford a S2. I'm only a student you know, part time working one, tho. Prices in here for a S2 start around 15000€ because of the fair taxation we have here
    Last edited by porkkis; 29 January 2004, 21:49.
    -

Nice Job m8

We have something in common i`m also a student

Cheers Cees

Comment

top job, nice one!!!

Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Nice work .

Mark.
        Mark - Modded

Comment

Great work Porkkis

I got my first quattro by buying a broken one too!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Nice pics - And we thought we had high taxes in this country :eek2:
            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Porkkis

I envy your patience and sned you my compliments . I myself waited years before I could lay my hands on the S2 and take it for a ride. At the same time I cancelled my decision to move to Finnland after youve mentioned the tax rate.....*****:wacked: .Nice work.

Gabor
              Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah the taxes suck. New cars cost almost twice as much as in Germany for example.
                Tax calculation for imported used car is also weird. They try to calculate how much there is tax left in similar car originally registered in Finland. You can guess the rest.

Some action photos from yesterdays Audi Club Finland ice track training day: http://muumi.lnet.lut.fi/~qwerty/pic...4-j%e4%e4rata/

Only two times the car had to be digged and towed out of the snow
                -

Comment

Yeah i guess it is the same as in denmark, taxes are ****ed up here.

Bought my s2 i germany and gave 5600 Euro, then brought it home to denmark and had to pay 11300 Euro in tax, that made the car a total of 16900 Euro. Well this is anyways stil cheap, because my car is in a pretty good shape. I recon i could sell it for 26600 Euro i denmark, but i wont I love it.

Iam a student to buy the way !
                  Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Hi Porkkis, Good job done,

I assume that you are the one in the photo with a leather jacket. That is the one on the right who hasn't got breasts.

I think Pearl white is a fantastic colour on the S2. in 1992 the extra cost for the paint was 2500 Euro. Black nappa leather seats were the same cost !

David

Comment

Now she's ready. Or atleast painted. I guess these cars will newer be ready.

I selected a bit different colour. It's Jaguar 94-96 NDT white pearl. It has a light blue effect. The basic colour is not as "creamy" as the original audi pearl white. Unfortunately.

The wheels are Alessio F1 17". Tyres 225/45 sport contact 2's. Everything now works. Last fix was a new A/C compressor. I'll probably upgrade the suspension after the winter. Now the suspension is original except front WB powerflex bushes. Thanks to Greg for those.

What do you think?
                      -

Comment

Great colour choice
                        Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                        S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Looks fantastic, those wheels really work well too!!!!!!!

David
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

WOW!!! What a transformation!!! Really impressed with that paint!!! The car looks Great!!!!! Good work!!!

Comment

Nice .The car looks great and i really love the colour aswell. .

Tyrone.
                              :fire: Bring on the 'S' :fire:

Comment

Working...
                              X