My 1993 URS4 Saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your French is very good !
    i'll take any good advises, and i can ensure, that i made at least 330 @cranck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      i'll take any good advises, and i can ensure, that i made at least 330 @cranck.
      You can assure me all day long but based on 20 years experience with UrS4/S6s, as far as I know, squeezing a 330 hp out a stock AAN K24-7000 just isn't possible. Even *IF* it happened, it wouldn't happen for very long because the K24-7000 would well off it's efficiency curves and would likely be generating nuclear melt down temperatures. Even 034 Motorsport never claimed more than about 315 hp out an AAN K24-7000 and then no one believed them with regards to their claims that it was going to be long term reliable. This is why Porsche spec'd the K24-7200 for the RS2. 315 reliable hp that can be pushed to 380 hp with very little loss of reliability.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Think it's been documented that about 285 is more likely a top end number from a stock turbo, injector, EM, IM, intercooler etc set up

Comment

Ok, but i'm not that stock, i'm running 100% E85, with a proper map, made in real time on the road, siemens 630cc injectors, AEM 320l/h fuel pump, 2.2bar (33psi) wastegate spring, and up to 30psi of boost (but not efficient with the stock turbo i'm agree). But most of the time she runs 25 psi witch i think is the limit for the K24/7000.
          My former RS2 was slower than my actual URS4, despiste the MTM tuned ECU i had on the ADU.
          And road testing against E46 M3's, there is no chance for the bimmers.

But wathever, this is not the point, i'm not here to argue about my actual figures, but i need your inputs for the next step.
          So the plan are going with the oportunity to buy a very cheap and almost new GT30R A/R .82, what do you think i need to make this new turbo working well as daily, with the best combo between reliability and performances.
          Am i dreaming about 450/500whp with that kind of turbo? Of course i will do evrything else needed to acomodate this new set up to work properly.

Comment

Have you checked out the latest Borg Warner EFR turbos? Those models such as the 7163 are making great power on 20vt from what I've seen.
            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Ok, but i'm not that stock, i'm running 100% E85, with a proper map, made in real time on the road, siemens 630cc injectors, AEM 320l/h fuel pump, 2.2bar (33psi) wastegate spring, and up to 30psi of boost (but not efficient with the stock turbo i'm agree). But most of the time she runs 25 psi witch i think is the limit for the K24/7000.
              You're driving a ticking time bomb/grenade waiting to blow up real good.

You seem reluctant to get onto MotorGeek or The Project Pad where you will get the answers that you seek.

If you don't want to go to those forums, at the very least contact Marc Swanson at EFI Express. Marc knows what you need and how to tune your ECU to get there.

http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/in...0fc698e72b9090

Then there is Jeff Gerner at Four Ring Performance, builder and driver of the world's fastest UrS4. 260 mph (418 kph)

http://www.fourringperformance.com/

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

My former RS2 was slower than my actual URS4, despiste the MTM tuned ECU i had on the ADU.
                And road testing against E46 M3's, there is no chance for the bimmers.

But wathever, this is not the point, i'm not here to argue about my actual figures, but i need your inputs for the next step.
                So the plan are going with the oportunity to buy a very cheap and almost new GT30R A/R .82, what do you think i need to make this new turbo working well as daily, with the best combo between reliability and performances.
                Am i dreaming about 450/500whp with that kind of turbo? Of course i will do evrything else needed to acomodate this new set up to work properly.
                a performance clutch, ex manifold, rods, downpipe, exaust is a minimum what you need to go to that power level. oh and brakes would be advised...
                so if going that step its like going for a full engine rebuild so heres a key for that money pit...

Comment

E85 is pretty amazing stuff. Engine runs cooler and is much more knock resistant. This allows timing to be adjusted to MBT = significantly more torque and power. How much more on this engine I wouldn't know. In the flex fuel course on hpacademy.com they take a race prepped 1.8T audi engine (1.8 built to 2.0 with GTX3071 turbo) from 325 whp on pump to 423whp on E85.

Comment

Thanks for the advises.
                    Of course i got 2 maps, one SP98 and the other one E85, and there is, at least fifty more HP between the tunes, E85 alows a lot more agressive mapping, lot more timing due to lower detonation temps.
                    A lot more fuel is needed to, so more mixture and etc...

I'm planning on a "mild" engine rebuild, rods, bearing and all the stuff you do when you take an engine out of is natural habit.

So :
                    Exhaust manifold, downpipe and exhaust is already planed
                    Also Rods and clutch
                    Brake wise i'll go for the Brembo 18z they will fit the build slightly better than the UFOs

​​​​​​Fmic needed i supose?

What else?

Comment

100-200 in 4th gear in around 10 secondes:

Stock K24-7000
                      Stock cats
                      034 2.2b wastegate spring
                      630CC Siemens injectors
                      320L/H AEM Fuel Pump
                      Running 100% E85

Not bad for an almost stock-ish car

Comment

Do you know the 0-60mph (96.5 kmh) figure?
                        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

No i don't, i never launch it
                          The only Time i've take was 140-200 in 5 gear (6 seconds) and this one 100-200 in 4th (~10s)

Comment

And i got a CBD 5 speed gearbox.

Comment

Working...
                            X