95 S2 Limo Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 S2 Limo Replica

I recently bought this 80q which requires a lot of work but I thought at the very least it would give me parts to repair my S2 Coupe engine and I would then dry store the 80q for later as a restoration.
    Fitted with an ABY engine it is a rare beast these days to find such a car so I felt I had to take a look.
    It has not been on the road since 2008 and the rear window was smashed so the rear seats and the boot have seen a lot of water.
    The brakes were also seized on but after some lubrication and persuasion with a hammer we got it winched on to the trailer and the deal was done.

Green engine 1 .jpgStreet view.jpgLoaded up.jpg

After getting it home and unloaded I gave it a quick blast with the pressure washer to get the worst of the green stuff off then bagged up the engine and cleaned the engine bay.
    There is a lot of brown/silver tape baked on to the paint work with some of the old car cover material stuck to the rear roof pillar.
    The body looks to be straight and solid but the wings are quite bad.

green engine.jpgpressure wash.jpgsmashing.jpg

That's a good find . I like the colour to. Maybe you'll get it on the road again at some point Good luck with it. Already looks better for a clean.

Comment

I reckon its going to be a fun project to work on. Is the engine in good condition?
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
        That's a good find . I like the colour to. Maybe you'll get it on the road again at some point Good luck with it. Already looks better for a clean.
        Yea it looks a lot better after a wash when I first got it home I looked at it and though oh no what have I done​

​​​

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
        I reckon its going to be a fun project to work on. Is the engine in good condition?
        It was a runner 10 years ago, It turns over by hand so was going to try a compression test and go from there.
        I have most of the missing parts in standard form to try and get it going.
        Not tried to start a engine thats been sitting for 10years before, was thinking change timing belt, water pump, fresh oil etc then fresh fuel and fire it up?

Comment

I was thinking of removing the sunroof cassette while the back window was out and closing it up but with the seats and runners that are fitted it gives much better headroom than normal.
          The front end carpets are surprisingly dry and roof lining looks like new.
          Think most of my work is underneath with subframes, bushings and brakes.

interior.jpg

Comment

It has a 3 vee front pulley fitted think these were fitted to 7A or 3b not sure if it is ok to use or not?
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

good luck

Comment

Thanks,

Back home again to continue with the limo.
                To break myself in gently I started on the tape and goo left over from protection on broken back window.
                There was parcel tape, duct tape, double sided foam tape and remnants of an old car cover.
                After a good few hours at it managed to remove the most of it with Plastic scraper, WD40 and a toffee wheel.

Sticky stuff.jpgafter.jpglatch.jpg

The broken glass has found its way in the the folding rear seat latches so they dont unlock.
                Been picking away for hours to removed pieces of glass and got a lot to fall out the bottom of the lock mechanism but they wont release

Comment

Can you get a air blower in their. Maybe that would do it

Comment

Good project this mate going to watch this thread with interest

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
                      Can you get a air blower in their. Maybe that would do it
                      Yea thats a good idea but I haven't got a air line so maybe have to wait until its mobile.
                      Was hoping to get the latches freed up before window goes in.

Comment

You could try sucking it out if you have a powerful hoover?
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave
                          You could try sucking it out if you have a powerful hoover?
                          Yeah with a small tube taped to the end

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Tried the hoover with a wee hose but I think ive already got all the loose stuff out and I am left with the a few crushed bits that wont shift.

Resorted to brute force and swearing loudly but no joy.

seat stuck.jpg

Will return to that one later as more bits attached on the car.
                            Fitted turbo and lines.
                            Installed inlet manifold with new injector cups.
                            Checking out intercooler setup and removed it for a look, good job as it was full of water

turbo.jpginlet.jpgintercooler.jpg

Comment

Worked some more on the seat latches and I'm sure now its corrosion not glass fragments.
                              Think the years of water ingress have killed the springs and seized the latches.
                              But the good news is the starts and runs.
                              Idle was terrible so pulled the codes 00537 Lambda sensor limit surpassed and 00516 throttle idle switch.
                              I had forgot to connect the carbon canister hose on the bottom of the inlet manifold and adjusted throttle switch all good
                              Anybody heard of this JK Tuning looks like software is for RS2 so will be looking for stock chips to swap out.

fault codes.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X