No announcement yet.

stolen, P996AWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is horrible! I almost had my 80q stolen the same way. I pulled up when the guy was pounding the wedge into my door frame to open the door! I feel I was lucky, as I would probably never have seen the car again. I really hope it turns up in one piece.

Comment

Absolutely gutted to hear about this no matter the car but especially with it being an extremely rare "P " reg one. Lots of suggestions but can I suggest plastering this every where on social media and other car forums and even possibly offer a reward for any information given in the successful retrieval?? To get this out of Glasgow as you know it has to hit the M8 if the car is heading south the main routes is M74 or A1 someone MUST have seen this car really hope it turns up

Comment

Unless it was loaded in to the lorry straight after its been stolen and moved about this way ,then you will never see it .blody :corey: should have hands chopped off for this .

Comment

I would take the M74 story with a pinch of salt, in fact even more than that I would wonder what the story teller's reason was for happily telling you it's probably pout of the country, usually tend to mean it's still nearby We had a classic car stolen about 10 years ago and that was the first thing we were told, someone actually told the Police they had seen it but after stories confirmed this not to be the case. There's also the Ireland story, lots of car go to Ireland and never get seen again, another pinch of salt.
          However on a positive note, I am not that far form Glasgow and will keep and eye out, also tell everyone I can to do the same and I hope you get it back, maybe with some new parts added?

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
            Another thing to think about is if its been sitting for that long someone will probably have applied for the v5 as its easy to do and unless you are lucky and catch the letter the dvla send to you, you will unfortunately find out the hard way. That v5 they waived was probably the replacement the dvla sent out to the person who applied for it. I've heard it happen quite a few times with high class sports cars that have been parked up.

I'd contact the dvla and ask if they have issued a new v5 anytime recently. Good luck.
            I luckily caught the letter from the DVLA - despite working away a lot - and they assure me they only sent a new V5 to me, but the woman I spoke to there couldn't get off the phone quick enough...
            Irvin

'08-'0?:
            '97 Coupe, Kingfisher Blue
            '01-'08:
            '93 ABY Coupe, Milltek cat-back, Alpine dvd Sat-Nav/Changer

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Originally posted by De80q View Post
              This is horrible! I almost had my 80q stolen the same way. I pulled up when the guy was pounding the wedge into my door frame to open the door! I feel I was lucky, as I would probably never have seen the car again. I really hope it turns up in one piece.
              You were lucky then!
              The cops are telling me they think a key was used, I guess they got that info from the recovery company
              Irvin

'08-'0?:
              '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Originally posted by irvind View Post

I luckily caught the letter from the DVLA - despite working away a lot - and they assure me they only sent a new V5 to me, but the woman I spoke to there couldn't get off the phone quick enough...
                Unfortunately I'm guessing that is not the case and they issued another v5. If possible I'd try ring them back and record the conversation as evidence

Comment

If they issued another v5, then they should have the "new owners" name and address??? so anyone with access to the system (like the police) should be able to find this out.
                  1992 80 quattro 20vT

Comment

Yeah, his name will be Iver Dunnit, he's well known for this sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post

Unfortunately I'm guessing that is not the case and they issued another v5. If possible I'd try ring them back and record the conversation as evidence
                      I called the DVLA who assured me they only sent a new V5 to me, but as I said in an earlier post, the woman couldn't get off the phone quick enough
                      Irvin

'08-'0?:
                      '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Did you get your car back?
                        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Sorry, I don’t get email notifications any more, for whatever reason!
                          Haven't heard much from the cops for a while, so no...
                          Irvin

'08-'0?:
                          '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

bringing this old thread back. Does it look like this one ?

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/5591807...JiHnFU3eqzHmKA

Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
                              bringing this old thread back. Does it look like this one ?

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/5591807...JiHnFU3eqzHmKA
                              Just seen this on my wife’s fb still looks ok. Hope they got the *******s that stole it.

Comment

Are they selling stolen cars in UK? Why not give it back to the original owner?
                                1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                                1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Working...
                                X