No announcement yet.

RS2 restoration near completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks desperate I had to remove all the wheels for refurbishment. This is an akward subject matter for me anyway the correct colour code from Porsche is 61M for the cup 1 wheel colour its available for wet spraying but there is no set colour code for powder coating. Luckily I had an original unmolested spare wheel with the original factory colour which is being used for the colour match. Thanks for the offer for the stands but the wheels will be back on next week and Bilstein have redesigned the shocks so they now work with RS2 ride height free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by joss01 View Post
      Looks desperate I had to remove all the wheels for refurbishment. This is an akward subject matter for me anyway the correct colour code from Porsche is 61M for the cup 1 wheel colour its available for wet spraying but there is no set colour code for powder coating. Luckily I had an original unmolested spare wheel with the original factory colour which is being used for the colour match. Thanks for the offer for the stands but the wheels will be back on next week and Bilstein have redesigned the shocks so they now work with RS2 ride height free of charge.
      Nice one! They should look great and good result with Bilstein.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Heres some up to date pics of the RS2 couple of teething problems and I have to change the tyres to 225 45 17 part from that the power steering hose sprung a leek and the still a clicking from the rear half shaft, the air con will be re boosted next week now I am skint. By the way all that aside it drives beautifully. Well worth the hard work.
        Spring next year the local Audi showroom will be re opening after a refurbishment and I the RS2 will be displayed next to the latest RS4.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks beautiful Joss

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe the tailgate should close a bit tighter?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I will have a go at adjusting it

Comment

Looks lovely. Would you consider new number plates in the pre 2001 Charles Wright font??!

Comment

An interesting font with subtle differences would fill the width of the number plate and possibly look better I will consider this

Comment

You must be very chuffed. You have done a great job. And you must be really honoured to have a local Audi garage wanting your car as a display!
                    Re the ticking noise from the rear. Did you change the rubber CV boots? The locking retainer strap crimp sometimes extends out too far if you haven't used the proper crimp tool and may be contacting with something on the hub carrier? Just an idea. I noticed mine were very close.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Well I changed the outer CV I checked the inner CV and boot to see if moved smoothly all seemed OK but I must have missed a trick I should have changed both CVs at the same time. Looks like the cars going back on my home made axle stands. Do you need a radiator cowel that bridges the slam panel to the rad for the WR?

Comment

Well I changed the outer CV I checked the inner CV and boot to see if moved smoothly all seemed OK but I must have missed a trick I should have changed both CVs at the same time. Looks like the cars going back on my home made axle stands. Do you need a radiator cowel that bridges the slam panel to the rad for the WR?
                        If Dave doesn’t need that rad cowl mine is pretty moth eaten

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I will put it aside

Comment

I will put it aside
                            Yes please! Mine is broken
                            Nothelle S2 Avant