Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 80 TDIq

Hello everyone!

I have this B3 quattro that is probably the rustiest one that will be fixed It has 1,9 AFN that has been swapped in at 1997. Stock transmission is modified with longer gears, probably A4 quattro gears but still 4,11 rear gears.Car had failed inspection in 2011 for rusty rear subframe and rusty rear wheelhousings. Body is about 3/4 done now. Trunk floor was bad, as rear bottom corners. I took the corners from fwd donor and made center from 1mm sheetmetal. Made it bigger for more room for exhaust (and it was simpler to do this way ) Fwd donor car also gave patches for rear wheel houses and rear rocker panels. Passenger side rocker end rust hole reached under rear seat... Heater core had been leaked and it kept passenger floor pan wet. So floor pan was gone, made new from 1mm sheetmetal. Body still need a couple patches to rocker front ends and front inner fenders, easy pieces. Fwd donor also donates doors, front fenders, hood and trunk lid.

I am building this as my daily driver, so some options are added. I wanted glass sunroof that has never been available for 80. It was taken from B5,5 donor. Took the frame from A4, cut hole to 80 roof and hammered 80 roof panel to sunroof frame, no welding needer for 80 roof panel.
    Front seats are from D2 A8, electric with memory. Front brakes are 312mm from C5. Needed only to drill 4x108 bolt pattern to rotor. For rear I have Citroen 266x20 rotors, still not decided what calibers to use.
    I made the new rear subframe from a good front one. Added brackets from old junk rear sf and got anti roll bar brackets at same time. Rear control arms were also rusted through, found better ones from parts piles.

My first question is that what body stiffening I could do? I already bought S2/V6 front upper strut bar. I also have seen front lower strut bars here, will do that too. Front strut bar probably does not fit rear with stock fuel tank? Maybe some triangle reinforcement pieces to rear seat panel? What else could be done? It would be a good time now before painting.

More pictures here: https://mattifarm.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Omat/B3Q/

Some nice rusty pictures of rear subrame and control arms

Comment

You've got a lot going on there ! What's the white 2-door ?........is the cylinder head on the bench?!

Comment

Good eye there White one is my 1965 Plymouth Valiant. It has 170 cubic inch small slant six engine and it is in the midde of converting EFI megasquirt. Cylinder head on table was from my friends Dodge Dart and it received bigger valves and I ported runners.

Comment

Impressive work. Most would have scrapped that. Well done for saving
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks! It was worse than I first thought. But after it was started, you could not let it be finished... Now I can build it the way I want it

I have bought Kamei X1 body kit and would love to find bezels for four round headlights. Probably have to make those myself too.

Comment

I wanted battery out of trunk, so I made batterybox under rear seat.

Comment

That's some good craftsmanship

Comment

Yes, very nice fabrication work.

Comment

Thanks, sheetmetal work is fun to do

Fixed drivers side rocker panel. It had a large dent and rust at rear end. Changed it from donor car.

I have made some videos too in finnish, if someone is interested of watching...

https://youtu.be/lAMNHtsBKJs

Comment

Nice work. Nice video
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

https://youtu.be/5vjH6ueIboU

Video of making battery box

Comment

Originally posted by MJF View Post
                          https://youtu.be/5vjH6ueIboU

Video of making battery box
                          Brilliant, such a great mod.
                          I used a box cut from a breaker but that was 10 years ago, not so easy to source now!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X