No announcement yet.

Audi S2 Avant Emerald Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original AmD Bicester were brilliant in the 90s. I did a run over in convoy to drop it off for service once (2003 ish). But they unfortunately did some cowboy antics before closing their doors abruptly circa 2005 / 2006. By which point the founders I believe had already left? Shame you are missing lots of the early history (recall going through the 12 years of paperwork come sale time and seeing the rolling road results!)

When the turbo hit 3500 it was a rocket, the performance was mega. Sounds stupid now, but how many cars had a six speed gearbox back then? Have a stack of photos on an old PC somewhere. Those are ones I've posted on forums before - hence can access easily!
    B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
      The original AmD Bicester were brilliant in the 90s. I did a run over in convoy to drop it off for service once (2003 ish). But they unfortunately did some cowboy antics before closing their doors abruptly circa 2005 / 2006. By which point the founders I believe had already left? Shame you are missing lots of the early history (recall going through the 12 years of paperwork come sale time and seeing the rolling road results!)

When the turbo hit 3500 it was a rocket, the performance was mega. Sounds stupid now, but how many cars had a six speed gearbox back then? Have a stack of photos on an old PC somewhere. Those are ones I've posted on forums before - hence can access easily!
      Well if you ever manage to dig them out just send me a PM and I'll give you my email address.

Appreciate the reply, really interesting to find out the history of it.

Comment

So, due to personal health issues, it is with a very heavy heart that I have to consider parting with S2 and concentrate on getting myself 100%.

In terms of value, what would people expect an avant to sell for, are they less desirable them a coupe?

I am still not made up on this, but in reality I need to put myself first.

Comment

Hi mate, I would say the kind of money you bought from Robbie for is about right. The market is volatile now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pibbow View Post
            Hi mate, I would say the kind of money you bought from Robbie for is about right. The market is volatile now.
            Yeah, seems a bit all over the place. I've spent a bit on it, but not loads. I am really torn about it as it was a car I've always wanted, but then life happens.

Comment

Mate, I totally understand. I had to let go a lot of toys a few years ago some now worth a small fortune but your health is the most important commodity you have. If you don't need to sell then maybe put in storage?

Comment

Originally posted by Pibbow View Post
                Mate, I totally understand. I had to let go a lot of toys a few years ago some now worth a small fortune but your health is the most important commodity you have. If you don't need to sell then maybe put in storage?
                Just listed it now to gauge interest.

I have thought about just keeping it in the garage, but that is due to be pulled to rebuilt soon as it's falling to bits.

It doesn't need to go, so I think I'm just going to see what happens.

Already feel a bit ill listing it.

Comment

Good look with the sale, think you have it up for a fair price in the current market

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                    Good look with the sale, think you have it up for a fair price in the current market
                    Thank you

Comment

It's hard mate but just go with the flow. If it sells it sells, if not then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan94 View Post

Just listed it now to gauge interest.

I have thought about just keeping it in the garage, but that is due to be pulled to rebuilt soon as it's falling to bits.

It doesn't need to go, so I think I'm just going to see what happens.

Already feel a bit ill listing it.
                        Sorry to hear your situation, have you considered other storage options ?......'tis a lovely car

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post

Sorry to hear your situation, have you considered other storage options ?......'tis a lovely car
                          Might have a look. I don't really need to sell it, but I don't want to leave it outside for the foreseeable whilst it isn't getting used.

I am really torn about what to do.

I've listed it for sale, but dont necessarily need the money. I think I'll leave it till the ad runs out, if its still here, maybe its a sign to keep it.

Had good plans too, already have some recaros, set of Bosch Greens, and a K24-7400, all sat on a shelf.

Comment

So if you dont want to sell, and dont need to sell. It seems like a good reason to keep it. Seems like you just need to find somewhere temporarily for it to sit.

Comment

Cars are quite happy being outside, after all they’re fairly waterproof.
                              With the exception of my Ur, only since it's rebuild, I have never ever kept any of my cars in a garage.
                              Including the Coupe! Lol

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X