Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In which guide book

Comment

I sent my insurers about 6 adverts all over £10,000 they referd me to the glasses guide of £1800

Comment

This was over 10 years ago though

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
          I sent my insurers about 6 adverts all over £10,000 they referd me to the glasses guide of £1800
          Thing is in that scenario, if multiple cars of for sale all in 5 figures, the ombudsman would most likely favour with the claimant given the evidence. A guide is exactly that, a guide, it isn't gospel but insurers will obviously try it on.

Comment

Glasses guide is their bible unfortunately ?

Comment

Originally posted by Marc View Post

Appreciated. I'll take your advice. Hopefully I'll report back here with some positive results.
              Did you get PM?
              1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
              2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
              2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                Glasses guide is their bible unfortunately ?
                Key word is guide, which gives you room to fight.

if requested they should also show similar vehicles for sale locally. When my Lupo GTI got written off it went from an original value of £1800 to £4500 because there were none for sale for less than around £3k, plus mods and spec were taken I to account.

Comment

Let them write it off and buy it back.
                  Easy enough to repair that front bumper and replace the rear.
                  Arch etc could be pulled out or even replaced with a quarter from a coupe

Comment

I (my Dad) was in a similar situation years ago he had a Citroen XM v6 5 spd it was three years old and his insurance co offered a stupid amount when he was t boned at a junction by a third party. After a few days of arguing we just told them we didn't want a financial settlement and they should just replace with a like for like vehicle. 4 weeks later they said they could not find a replacement. We did within 24 hours told the dealer to send the insurance co the invoice. They paid in full and I still have the replacement car today. ( I don't like it much but my dad left it to me in his will)

Comment

Mines been write off twice I think in my 20 years plus ownership maybe 3 stopped counting. I just get what I can out of them and keep it and repair it. On one occasion it was because I have an RS2 front bumper mental people in insurance companies causing nightmares

Comment

A quick update on my car. I took an amalgamation of the advice I was given on this thread, all of which I'm extremely grateful for.

I contacted a few of the better reviewed claim management companies out there and they all left me underwhelmed. (I also spoke to http://www.alphaaccident.co.uk/ as suggested by 4WDrifter but they are limited to Northern Ireland.)

I thought that the first step would be to collate all the current S2s that were up for sale or had been recently sold and give my insurance company an opportunity to revise their original ****** figure (£6,400). If that didn't significantly budge them, then I'd speak directly with the other insurance company as well as revisiting the claim handling agent route, and eventually if it came to it, involving the ombudsman.

I sent the document to the insurance company and a week or so later they called and told me that based on the evidence I'd presented, the independent advisor had updated their figure.

My document opened with "I believe that you have massively undervalued my car. My research tells me that if I were to have put it up for sale prior to the accident, I could have expected to have received a figure of around £17,000."

So I was pretty damn surprised when they offered me £19k.

Mental.

Comment

Take their arm off and ask to keep the car.
                          1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                          2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                          2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Nice one. Perseverance has paid off. Well done
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Well done, you have to keep arguing your case and sometimes common sense prevails ??

Comment

As above try and buy the car back. Cannot see them wanting much for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X