No announcement yet.

Back on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is stunning John, did you have to get any paint done when the bumpers were sprayed?. If so whoever did the work deserves a medal

You've even got the most rubbish design by Porsche fitted perfectly....

The grill and it's surround, it must have be done by a work experiance lad as the clips are terrible for rusting as are the mesh grills if you drive the car and it see's any salt. Looks better than mine does currently anyway!

I like the combination of Avant trim on the side and both end being perfect replicas, as you know I'm always a fan something a little differnt.

And with that PRJ software it's probable only 30 hourse's of so less than a stock RS2.

Now I know why you had the wheels to sell me and the front bumper skin which is an absolute God send!

Just spotted it's got the RS2 mirrors as well.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks Kit.

When it got the bumper replaced, it got new wings too, both sides were painted along with front and rear bumpers. Bonnet, tailgate and roof were untouched.

Lower door trims are new. I have repro. hockey sticks to fit but still to paint them.

I was going to have the wheels powdercoated because there's a few scabby bits on them but decided it was a bit overkill.

Golf Recaros' instead of standard seats, they're ok but I've been casually looking for some old school Recaros although not sure if I can justify it, we'll see ?

Comment

I see that why the front end looks absolutly mint, if the rest of the car doesn't need any attention and your paint guy is on the ball he should of be able to matched the paint perfectly and it certainly looks like did as I can't see any signs of it having paint in the the photo's.

Golf Recaro's will fit fine with a bit of a tweek but their not as nice as the RS2 ones by any measure, you'd perhaps be better of looking at Ford ones from Cosworths etc and then finding B4 Audi subframes. But if the stock sports seats are still in good nick and confortable then theres certianly no hurry.

Comment

I fitted the Golf seats when I got the car, it's the (more vintage/retro) Recaros I'm contemplating. Its the Ford type I've mainly been looking at. I have a pair of Manta B recaros which I had fitted briefly in the tdi but they're way too mint to have retrimmed. I already have the proper subframes made by Recaro

These would do fine with a re-trim...........Rover 800 series I think...... Recaro Seats | eBay
          Last edited by John.; 12 November 2023, 10:18.

Comment

Out last week just for why not.
            I'd fitted a new lambda sensor as it was the only thing on my list to do, it took 2 attempts to pass emissions at the MOT, fitted a Bosch part as per original although it had Audi numbers too.
            No change to the running, still goes like a train!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a cracking looking car John! Have you got Cat's fitted?

Kinda makes me want to drive mine, but I have enough other work to be getting on with, plus mines safe in the dry sat on just over 100K miles.

Anyway, hopfully I'll have a C4 to cruise about in soon.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                That is a cracking looking car John! Have you got Cat's fitted?

Kinda makes me want to drive mine, but I have enough other work to be getting on with, plus mines safe in the dry sat on just over 100K miles.

Anyway, hopfully I'll have a C4 to cruise about in soon.
                Yes Kit, has cats. Enjoying driving it but bored of jet washing the arches and underside

Comment

Indeed, salt is the enemy! I use to wash my RS2 off underneath everytime I took it out in the winter which thankfully means it's still very good under there for unrestored 30+ year old car. I'd do the the S2 or B3 80 weekly when I was using them as doing it every day is a bloody pain.

The reason I ask about the Cat's is an S2 running properly at opperating tempreture should pass the emmisions test with no Cats, just, my 3B with it's straight through system would pass the test every year with no problems and that was running crazy RS2+ software. However my Zetronix told me the mixture was always bang on 14.7 with a Llambda of either 1.0 or very close when there was no load on the engine.

I've now got the paperwork for my RS2's MTM conversion and that is supposed to have decat pipes but it's actually got a pair of decent OE RS2 Cats which I pressume someone has refitted to get it through a test. Anyway if thier not part of the spec I'd like to put it back as MTM intended, my conversion was done from new in Germany under warrenty from Audi and pressumably they didn't mind them not being there.

Last edited by K Simmonds; 25 January 2024, 11:08.

Comment

Tough one this but I'm thinking one less car in my life would make things a bit easier, I've decided that I'll put the S2 up for sale......not immediately but in a few months or so.
                    The above might plant a seed for anyone reading this who fancies an S2 with RS2 looks?
                    Just putting it out there !

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                      Tough one this but I'm thinking one less car in my life would make things a bit easier, I've decided that I'll put the S2 up for sale......not immediately but in a few months or so.
                      The above might plant a seed for anyone reading this who fancies an S2 with RS2 looks?
                      Just putting it out there !
                      If you read the terms and conditions “the small print” in the forum, it clearly states that you are obligated to retain the said vehicle all the while you need canine transport. It’s under the clause titled “Avant owners’ Canine eminence….
                      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post

If you read the terms and conditions “the small print” in the forum, it clearly states that you are obligated to retain the said vehicle all the while you need canine transport. It’s under the clause titled “Avant owners’ Canine eminence….
                        Love it, but do I need 2 avants ?!............one for each dog I suppose!

Comment

You’ll regret it John!! You know it makes sense to keep your beauty!!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                            You’ll regret it John!! You know it makes sense to keep your beauty!!
                            You know I'll never sell my "Beauty"

Comment

Working...
                            X