X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WabTheKing View Post
    a2 wide kit next on the list??
    lol...

damn, I was trying to keep that bit secret....
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
      lol...

damn, I was trying to keep that bit secret....
      lol sorry mate prob only said what everyone else (yourself inc by the sounds of it) was thinking

Comment

lol sorry mate prob only said what everyone else (yourself inc by the sounds of it) was thinking
        It's a funny ol' thing though, on the gravel, even with Toyo T1R's it made outstanding traction, probably because they were only 195/55/15's... Whilst the wider tyred cars (like the scooby etc) struggled away. It's possible going A2, and getting 'the look' will fook the dynamics...

Incidentally, even in the wet, with the CQ gearing and all that new found hp/torque, it'll pull cleanly (WOT) out of a roundabout in the wet in second without a loss of traction.

It is *cough* rather addictive...
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

good to here it is going well, certainly looks the part in action!
          96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
          96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

It's a funny ol' thing though, on the gravel, even with Toyo T1R's it made outstanding traction, probably because they were only 195/55/15's... Whilst the wider tyred cars (like the scooby etc) struggled away. It's possible going A2, and getting 'the look' will fook the dynamics...

Incidentally, even in the wet, with the CQ gearing and all that new found hp/torque, it'll pull cleanly (WOT) out of a roundabout in the wet in second without a loss of traction.

It is *cough* rather addictive...
            did the wider cars have skinny tyres on tho? thats the key - or as i usually explaine it "the stellto heel effect" :mischeif: hahahaha

Comment

did the wider cars have skinny tyres on tho? thats the key - or as i usually explaine it "the stellto heel effect" :mischeif: hahahaha
              Ah, you're right, the wider cars 'filled their arches better'....:mischeif:
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Here's a clip of Ray (A1quattro on here) taking his car through the watersplash...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-rHk...eature=feedwll

You can hear the suspension abuse clearly.

I'm sat behind the 'Clarion' car awaiting to join the stage.
                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

very nice, well done

Comment

Congratulations, looks like you are using and enjoying it properly

I take it that first gear will dissapear pretty quickly then?
                    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                      Congratulations, looks like you are using and enjoying it properly

I take it that first gear will dissapear pretty quickly then?
                      You're probably right with this kind of abuse...

There's a huge pile of sunseeker quattro abuse on this chaps website...

http://www.teltphotography.com/R-250...DI.aspx?Page=1
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

You're probably right with this kind of abuse...

http://www.teltphotography.com/R-250...DI.aspx?Page=1
                        Sorry I phrased that wrongly, I meant 1st gear will be over pretty quickly, ie floor it, wait a second then grab second almost instantly.
                        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                          Sorry I phrased that wrongly, I meant 1st gear will be over pretty quickly, ie floor it, wait a second then grab second almost instantly.
                          lol, after the 'unhinged' power delivery in the lower gears, I suspect it'll be 'Good night Vienna' for the gearbox fairly soon!!!!
                          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                            Looks great - much nicer on the eye than a shorty anyday for me.
                            I've got to agree with you on that

The car is looking great Ian
                            Shane

Comment

I might go down the bookies tommorow and put a substantial amount of cash down betting that you will be buried in the rally rep when you pop your clogs Ian
                              Anyway well done on what looks like a great job,look foward to seeing it in the flesh again with its new lump at the next meet.....whenever that might be.
                              Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
                              Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
                              Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Originally posted by bertman View Post
                                I might go down the bookies tommorow and put a substantial amount of cash down betting that you will be buried in the rally rep when you pop your clogs Ian
                                Anyway well done on what looks like a great job,look foward to seeing it in the flesh again with its new lump at the next meet.....whenever that might be.
                                Hopefully soon Rob, we're painfully due one around these parts....

And

Thanks Shane and Paul, it's a bit of a funny one is the RallyRep now, folk don't quite know what to make of it....
                                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X