Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
    is this the same car???

Yes, that's the Swedish wv Audi club "leader's" car, I think his name is Lasse Jern or something like that.
    He just have some decals and a funky exhaust tip and that's the only things separating the cars but it's a nice looking car
    My LADY IN RED is finally home. The first and only Audi S2 ABT C5 coupe in Norway. Its truly like walking into a dream when i walk into the garage

Comment

Originally posted by EB ABT s2 View Post
      This is a mail from abt regarding the price of a c5 build back then.
      Hi Eivind,

thanks for the nice pictures! Really good! Nice work.

The price for the complete conversion to the ABT C5 was 1998 27608,00 DM.

The conversion consisting of:

-front- and rear skirt -sideskirts and door strip attachments -fender extensions -insert for licence plate -rear wing -wheels ABT A4 8,5x17ET19 with 235/45R17 or 245/40R17 -painting, mounting and TÜV approval

addtitional conversion are (4700,00 DM):

-exhaust system stainless steel -powerincreasement up to 260 hp

The conversion must be from 1992/1993

best regards

Rolf Haggenmüller

ABT Sportsline GmbH VX-I department Daimlerstr. 2 D-87437 Kempten

Export Service Assistant Tel.: +49-(0)831-57140-25 Fax: +49-(0)831-57140-37 E-Mail: r.haggenmueller@abt-sportsline.de www.abt-sportsline.de

I think the DM mark was almost the same as the dollar back then so it was a fairly expensive build.
      It's not steel, I think it's actually kevlar, I have worked on fibreglass and it's not the same for sure. It really thick and yellow and it's stiff as hell.
      Great info
      So was the kit fitted "over" a normal coupe body? Or was the body cut etc to fit the ABT parts?
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

i would also take a set of that body.... at least "wings" and quarters/door skins.

Comment

i would also take a set of that body kit if someone made them. if the car were here in USA i would most certainly make a mold of it.

at least fenders/wings and quarter/door panels. maybe not the wing due to complexity....

Comment

That is a seriously sexy S2, I normally don't like kits but this one just works perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              Great info
              So was the kit fitted "over" a normal coupe body? Or was the body cut etc to fit the ABT parts?
              Some parts of the kit was fitted on the body and some places it was cut and molded in to the car. Everything is seamless so it must have been a painstaking jobb.
              My LADY IN RED is finally home. The first and only Audi S2 ABT C5 coupe in Norway. Its truly like walking into a dream when i walk into the garage

Comment

Originally posted by lee_whitehead View Post
                That is a seriously sexy S2, I normally don't like kits but this one just works perfectly!
                Thanx for the kind words, its also the most sexy kit ever fited on a s2 in my eyes.

Comment

Thanx for the kind words, its also the most sexy kit ever fited on a s2 in my eyes.
                  nice to see another S2 C5.

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                    nice to see another S2 C5.
                    Hello Henkjan.
                    Do you own a C5 ABT aswell? If you do do you have some info on your car?
                    I konw of of 9 cars, 10 if you also have one.
                    1- Sweden.
                    1- Norway.
                    1- Finland. Sold form Sweden.
                    1- Poland.
                    2- On road in germany.
                    4- in "museums" in Germany. Old racing cars form ABT.

Comment

Zlobo on the forum has a red C5.
                      I know there is a RHD Titan grey ABT coupe in the UK, I saw it for sale a few years ago not knowing what it was. It has not surfaced since then AFAIK
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Henkjan's Abt C5

Comment

Do you own a C5 ABT as well? If you do do you have some info on your car?
                          yes, I own an Abt C5, also a red one

It is a '95 ABY, I own it since 2002, original dutch registration. The 1st owner drove straight to Abt after he bought the car for the modifications (C5 boby, lower suspension, chiptuning). Other than a full black interior (also the roof lining) and Recaro's in the front it is rather standard equipped. I have not modified much: replaced the std cats for a single race cat (and removed the center muffler), Supersprint downpipe, Porsche Boxter brakes, OZ Superlegera wheels.

so this is how I bought it:
                          S2%20rechts%20voor%201024.jpg

and this is how it looks now:
                          S2%20met%20OZ%201.jpg

So then this is the list of known S2 Abt C5's:
                          1- Sweden. (Slobo)
                          1- Norway. (EB Abt S2)
                          1- Finland. Sold form Sweden (??)
                          1- Poland. (??)
                          2- On road in germany. (??)
                          1- Netherlands (Henkjan)
                          4- in "museums" in Germany. Old racing cars form ABT (where?)
                          I have added the owners (as far as I know)

Where in Norway do you live? Maybe we can have a C5 gathering in the summer, somewhere south of Sweden maybe?

Comment

There is also a red ABT cabrio, it was for sale a while ago for about 20,000euro IIRC
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Isnt' there an ABT with a 2.7 biturbo engine?

Comment

yeah this one, but I'm not sure it is an oringinal ABT car: looks more like the kit they raced with. Love it, except the headlight eyebrows, big gay wing, stickers and naff cossie vents. why?!

Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X