Audi RS2 mini project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minim View Post
    It's a problem with config on my webserver. Pictures is still in the same folder so must be a problem with my domain. Tnx for letting me know, will work on getting it up and running again as soon as possible.
    Feel free to upload direct to forum thread or into the forum gallery and will be hosted on the forums servers
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by minim View Post
      After speaking to a few people about this I decided to replace the seal and see if the leak was fixed. From what I learned there should be a little bit of play in the rear diff output shafts since it's not shimmed 100% tight. It's however impossible to measure the play without taking the diff out of the car and check if the shimming is correct. Time will tell if it works or not.

Assembled everything today so it's ready for new oil tomorrow and a 300km+ testdrive
      Back from the test drive now. Ended with about 650km traveled this weekend and everything worked perfect. Fuel economy was 0,82l/10km and the computer was showing 8.6.

Checked for leak on the diff after about 300km and there was nothing and will do a check now also just to see but I think it's all good

Got a annoying sound in one of my front breaks. Squeaking after 10minutes of driving and if i then break hard it can go away for a while. Comes back quite fast tho so something has to be done. The brakes did not get hot and I removed the wheel and checked if any of the shields was close to the break disk but didn't see any contact. First thought is that one of the pistons is not returning all the way so the break pads are sitting with a tiny angle. Will remove the caliper and see if I should overhaul it or if it's enough with a proper cleaning to get it sorted.

Comment

8.6L/100km?

that is awesome.

I get 16.5L/100km..

Comment

Originally posted by jaychen View Post
          8.6L/100km?

that is awesome.

I get 16.5L/100km..
          Yes but when I measured it manually it was giving me 8.2L/100km. 16.5/100 can't be on a stock RS2 on a long trip? If you don't have a extremely heavy foot you should find out what's wrong.

Comment

Sorry it is a C4 S4.

Even with the heavier weight I didnt think it would be that bad.

Car is bone stock.

Comment

Originally posted by jaychen View Post
              Sorry it is a C4 S4. Even with the heavier weight I didnt think it would be that bad. Car is bone stock.
              16.5 L/100 km is 3.63 Imp Gal/ 62.1 miles or 17.1 miles/Imperial gallon. That is terrible even for city driving. I get around 19-20 mpg (Imp) in the city and around 28 mpg (Imp) (10 L/100 km) on the highway at speed (say 120+ kph). I suspect that you might have a thermostat that is a) missing or b) stuck open (you should see 89 C on the water temp gauge) OR c) your G62 coolant temp sensor on the back of the head is Fubar'd.

More info for both of these can be found by clicking on the labels in this live-link version of the Engine Bay Device Map:

http://members.shaw.ca/speedtek/UrS%...ice%20Map.html
              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks D.

Will look into it. My water temp sits bang on 90.

Comment

Automatic UrS4/UrS6,driving in the traffic i got 4.5-5Kms/Litre. Cruising on the Highway I got 6.5-7.5Kms/Litre Any S-cars in Thailand does the same Fuel econ. rate.
                  one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Working...
                  X