Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error404
    replied
    Indeed. The hydro systems works well when it's in good order. Once bits start going wrong the bills are outrageous. My advice is start planning your vacuum conversion now

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Hmm, possibly, that or the aggressive pressing of the brake pedal....? Gonna put a small hammer in my car

At £250 once delivery is added from QC (or anywhere else I guess), a vacuum system looks very tempting...

Thinking is, at 25 years and 187K the pump, servo and bomb are all likely to be pretty knackered, pump already seeps a bit, so could end up changing the lot out which would be way more £££s than a simple servo system....

Leave a comment:

• diesel des
    replied
    My Urs4 did this and a tap with a hammer near the servo would "fix" the problem for a while. Maybe your spannering had the same effect as my hammer. I'm now on a vacume system...

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    OK, so a weird one yesterday!

After a re-start the brake pedal became intermittent in its action, and was pulsating whilst I rested my foot on it, without the car even moving. Pulsing was related to engine revs.

All the threads I have read suggest that this is a dead bomb, in fact doing the engine off bomb test gave me sufficient info to say it was -I had zero pumps before it went solid(!)

So, in keeping with the diagnostics threads, I removed the brake servo return line, after I worked out which one it was (the one on the top), nipped it up and started the engine, held revs for 20 seconds, stopped, removed return line again -no drips whatsoever. Great, must be the bomb then -£240 quote from Quattro Corner arrived by email...

Put it all back together again (including the brake master reservoir, as I had to remove it to get access to the return line once rounded, new union and re-flared the end of the pipe), started the car to check for leaks -none, and no juddering pedal either.........

Test drive -perfect, in fact sharper than they have been for a while, emergency stops from 60MPH to nothing, ABS kicking in nicely, multiple times, and pedal feels perfectly good and normal...

Only thing I can think is the check valve got grot stuck in it -but is this even possible? Would that cause the problem?

Pentosi was changed a year or so ago, so looks pretty clean.

Any other thoughts?

Or do I just go for vacuum servo

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X