• Show
Clear All

• newsh
    replied
    Before and after pics are in order [emoji6]

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Now, maybe I should give it a wash..... I daren't put a picture up on here at the moment!

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Excellent! [emoji41]

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Oh, and MOT passed!

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    New side diff mount fitted, silent on uptake now, reckon old one was faulty when installed .... Wouldn't surprise me.

Checked the diff backlash, wasn't inconsequential, but obviously not the cause of the banging, as that has gone with the mount change

Also rules out prop centre bearing, all good!

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Pair of handbrake cables replaced the other day, nice simple job, and a handbrake I can trust on a 1:4 gradient for the first time in my ownership!

Also noticed LH rear diff mount is mullered, that'll be the banging then(!). One on order and will fit ASAP, as getting on my wick.

MOT Friday, fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Oh, and finalised the vacuum lines for the servo/difflock, with a nice brass t-piece and some vacuum line

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Tell a lie, they were NEW, replaced 2. 5 years ago(!).

Failed through split boots and rusted...

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    True, these were OK, and I re-booted them 2.5 years and 25K ago... (wow, really that much!)

Been rattling for more than 6 months though

Leave a comment:

• Greg_S
    replied
    Ive lost count of the number of drop links I have fitted over the year, they just don't seem to be that robust.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Odometer gear fitted a few weeks ago now, been working great ever since

Rattling from front suspension was getting on my wick, so had a look when I did the odometer -ARB drop links had perished and/or split gaiters.... doh, that was about the only part I didn't replace(!)

Two lemforder items ordered, and fitted them yesterday, I now have silent suspension!

An easy job, that if it hadn't been the drop links could end up being a massive one... (top mounts etc) probably why I put it off having a look so long. Old joints were properly mullered too, so felt good about doing them after all

I need to pull the clocks again, I think I have a plug loose, as the temperature gauge sometime randomly drops to zero, and also the auto check coolant alarm goes off randomly -I've disconnected the header tank sender to test that, but still does it! Will also adjust the tachometer so 7K means 7K again -teach me to fiddle with an unknown pot
    Last edited by Bowie69; 30 August 2016, 11:29.

Leave a comment:

• slacky
    replied
    Great thread & good to see a nice original cq20v being kept as is

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
    You're welcome, hopefully will get you sorted. I still have a few of these gears left when others need them
    - sorry for thread drift -
    Hi Greg , could i be so cheeky & ask if i can buy one off you? , as my odometer has stopped working on the 90q

many thanks chris
    Last edited by slacky; 21 July 2016, 12:41.

Leave a comment:

• Greg_S
    replied
    You're welcome, hopefully will get you sorted. I still have a few of these gears left when others need them

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    New gear for the odometer arrived this morning (thanks Greg_S!) Hopefully get fitted this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Sounds about par, thats 3 switches for me in 25K miles.... had to look on the MOT history to check that, if anyone knows of a reliable make then I am all ears... this last one I just fitted turned out to be Intermotor, which I do not have high hopes for... the previous one was supposed to be 'contitech', but when delivered was Lemark, to which I sent a snotty ebay message to the seller and got a refund for (and kept the switch!). Barely lasted 5K I reckon.

Thinking about it now, the other failures I've had in that time on such a high mileage car is not actually that bad

List of bits to do at the moment:

Trace occasional smell of fuel, quite possibly fuel lines going crusty
    Check front end for a couple of clunks (yes again)
    Front alignment (yes again!)
    2 front tyres very soon
    Sort some rattles -mainly driver's door and the roof lining rattles against the sunroof

In amongst all this I've moved home and been renovating a house, so time has been a bit short!

Oh, and a VERY long running problem -surging idle when cold. Have been through and replaced/tested ISVs multiple times, checked all the vacuum lines, set base idles umpteen times, disconnected carbon canister, and when I replaced the rocker gasket, I did the inlet manifold gasket at the same time, so as far as I can see there are NO induction leaks the wrong side of the AFM, yet it still does it... This has gone on for about 50K now, so not really a major problem, just an itch that I have been unable to scratch...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X