My Audi S2 let the work begin!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Audi S2 let the work begin!!

Guys a bit of a project and a lot of work involved over the next few months. A lot of members have seen my Coupe and seen pictures and will probably agree it's not a bad car but underneath is a different story so it's being dropped off at my garage this morning and probably won't return for a month! Both subframes are being replaced and all the bushes and any other suspension parts that need replacing will do this is a money no object job the whole underneath will get sorted, front subframe is being replaced with a brand new subframe as Audi still do them and the rear is being sorted with a little bit of work but is in very good condition the spare one I have. After this is complete in October the car wil then go to my friend who is a superb sprayer and will recondition the whole car get rid of all the stone chips and make the car in showroom condition and the alloys will get refurbed. I will try and sort photos out during this whole exercise and keep you guys posted

First update the NEW front subframe arrived this morning from Germany ordered through TPS. Suspension will start getting dismantled next week and replaced with all new parts. Happy with progress

Comment

Wow bet that wasn't cheap I remember ringing TPS a few years ago for an NLA rear subframe and I had to sit down after finding the price! Good luck with the build though, looking forward to some pictures!
      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

think they were something like ÂŁ700 new weren't they??? Look forward to seeing this come together, always like a good project good luck
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Front subframe cost ÂŁ570 but worth it considering the car is going no where! I dont think theres many front subframes left according to Audi Tradition

Comment

Thats a fair price, last time I checked for a rear they were close to ÂŁ750-ÂŁ800 and NLA
            96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
              Guys a bit of a project and a lot of work involved over the next few months. A lot of members have seen my Coupe and seen pictures and will probably agree it's not a bad car but underneath is a different story so it's being dropped off at my garage this morning and probably won't return for a month! Both subframes are being replaced and all the bushes and any other suspension parts that need replacing will do this is a money no object job the whole underneath will get sorted, front subframe is being replaced with a brand new subframe as Audi still do them and the rear is being sorted with a little bit of work but is in very good condition the spare one I have. After this is complete in October the car wil then go to my friend who is a superb sprayer and will recondition the whole car get rid of all the stone chips and make the car in showroom condition and the alloys will get refurbed. I will try and sort photos out during this whole exercise and keep you guys posted

I must have missed your first post.Well done i say for doing a full resto job on the underneath the car deserves it!! I am doing same on my S6 but will take longer than yours as doing myself. In case you haven't considered it make sure you dinitrol the new subframe inside and out as it will last a gazillion times longer than the original.You will even be able use it with the salted winter roads and not worry about it.Just every now and again top up the dinitrol treatment.Good luck with it all
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Good luck, looking forward to the pics
                Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                  I must have missed your first post.Well done i say for doing a full resto job on the underneath the car deserves it!! I am doing same on my S6 but will take longer than yours as doing myself. In case you haven't considered it make sure you dinitrol the new subframe inside and out as it will last a gazillion times longer than the original.You will even be able use it with the salted winter roads and not worry about it.Just every now and again top up the dinitrol treatment.Good luck with it all
                  Cheers mate I will bear this in mind thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
                    Thats a fair price, last time I checked for a rear they were close to ÂŁ750-ÂŁ800 and NLA
                    I thought you might as well take the plunge and go for it as I have NO plans to get rid of my S2 ever lol!!! You cant get rear ones any more just a handful of front ones left

Comment

Yeh that's very true, a small part of me wishes I had bought a new subframe now as 2 years on a few small patches where the powder coat on was wasn't brilliant, it has started to bubble slightly again!
                      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Yeh that's very true, a small part of me wishes I had bought a new subframe now as 2 years on a few small patches where the powder coat on was wasn't brilliant, it has started to bubble slightly again!
                        Not good! That's why am spending bigger bucks so it doesn't happen and I'll be getting it all treated. Rear subframe is one I got a while ago from someone on here who didn't quite sell me the correct aby coupe rear they know who they are! But its being welded by a pro apart from it not being 100% right its in very good nic!

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a refurbed subframe.They can be perfection! But as ever it's only as good as the hairdresser cutting your hair or the chef cooking your meal. Substandard work will leave you feeling it.
                          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                          96 URS6 plus speck estate
                          94 2.6 80 Avant
                          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Your S2 is getting a right birthday!
                            I'm planning the same treatment.
                            Front subframe refurb and respray

Comment

This should be a good project, plenty of pics please! From experience I can tell you the money spent will reward you big time, more than extra power
                              Have to say, I'm surprised the front subframe needed replacing, they are normally pretty good. The rears on the other hand.... dog ****.
                              If it helps achieve the original look and longevity, all the OE parts were E-coated. Add plenty of cavity wax inside the subframes and they should last for ever.
                              Make sure you check above the back box heat shield for rust
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X