No announcement yet.

1994 ABY Coupe Quattro - Fix up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work here, and you got that headliner very clean.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
      Good write up thanks for sharing.

2x sets of cup reps ! I'm jealous. I'm looking for a set

Gav
      your More then welcome to buy one set haha!

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
      This is great! We all like to look at lots of photos on here so keep them coming.
      Appreciate the time it takes you to stop what you're doing to snap the picture and then upload it.
      Cheers

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
      Loving this thread, keep us updated with lots of pics, we like pics. Lovely looking Coupe' by the way
      More pictures again below.

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
      I would really like to secure a set of Smoked tail lights, either that or smoke these ones darker....
      There is a thread somewhere on the Forum about spray painting the rear lights with thinned down black paint. good results from what I remember. Forget Tresser they are silly money if you can find them last set I see on Ebay went for £700
      That was my thoughts, Spray tinted and cleared will probably work out better...

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      Door cards look great, looing forward to seeing the pics of the headliner retrim
      Your paint shop should be able to tint your rear lights with proper paint - paint / lacquer mix
      Headliner now done pictures to follow

Originally posted by Golfboy666GTI View Post
      Awesome work Anton.
      Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
      Great work here, and you got that headliner very clean.
      Cheers guys. Ended up using a hard bristle brush and a Putty knife to scrape all the crap off.

Started and finished the headliner..

the front I struggled with the curves etc around the Sun visors and the part the interior light clips in to, how ever it is 100% better then what it was with material drooping every where and yellow/orange expended Foam crap getting everywhere..

Laying it out.

and completed

- Couple of other niggles also repainted all the seat bases in POR15 as they were looking a little worse for wear. and also Cleaned out and Greased the Seat height assembly for the Seats, they are no longer seized and move smoothly.

and the Coupe has also made its way to the Paint shop to get the damaged roof paint sorted out.
      2007 - Golf GTI ED30
      1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
      1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
      1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Looks like a nice car... getting some TLC as well. Always great to see these machines from the other side of the world. They were rare down there 20yrs ago - nowadays it must be ridiculous.
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
          Looks like a nice car... getting some TLC as well. Always great to see these machines from the other side of the world. They were rare down there 20yrs ago - nowadays it must be ridiculous.
          You would be surprised. We dont have rust issues to loose a car to. I would say most manual C4 S4/S6's, S2's and RS2's are still road legal down here, apart from the cars that have been written off to a crash.
          In saying that they are rare cars down this end of the planet.
          1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
          1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Anton, your headliner looks awesome. I need to do mine in the RS2, would love any top tips.
            1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Perfect So fresh looking.
              Eric

Comment

Anton, your headliner looks awesome. I need to do mine in the RS2, would love any top tips.
                No problems dude.

Small update: Car still at paintshop.

Bought some 996 Turbo Front Brakes today and ordered some of the A8 314 x 30 Disk rotors.

Still hunting for some other bits and bobs.
                - the Side caps for the front seats of the coupe. the ones that hide the metal hinging
                - and something else that has evaded my clouded mind for now...
                2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Originally posted by ranton-inc View Post
                  Still hunting for some other bits and bobs.
                  - the Side caps for the front seats of the coupe. the ones that hide the metal hinging
                  - and something else that has evaded my clouded mind for now...
                  someone was selling some in the forsale section - s2driveruk

Comment

Not much of an Update.. but

Car back from Paint shop roof and Right hand side now fixed and free of big dings.

Tail lights tinted appropriately and over all looking good.

Also re installed the headliner, I need to find all new Interior lights... all but the rear have seem to have broken the Switches on them and no longer operate... oh well

Now just waiting for a new Heater core to arrive so that can be replaced then it will be Dash out Carpets out and cleaned up.

then everything back together for the interior.

after that, New Cambelt, Waterpump, T/Stat, replace the Chaffed High Pressure Hydraulic line, and install RS2 Intercooler and Inlet Manifold.

This evening I was a little bored so did some work on some little fidgety Interior bits, Sanded and repainted the rusted Gauge bezels and removed the Volt Gauge and replaced it with the Matched Boost Gauge that used to be in the Vent. bit of stuffing about. but easy ****.

Due to the boost gauge being a little deeper and the pins slightly lower. I had to modify the rear of the bracket a little to accommodate the Boost Gauge but now it bolts in there properly and looks ok..

Also gave all the Seats a good clean and polish up, they look almost like new.....

and replaced the Boot Seal with a brand new one.
                    2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                    1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                    1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                    1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

You can also swap the bezel from a spare gauge onto the boost gauge to make that the same as the others i.e not flat, good work Like the lights!

Comment

Awesome work Anton.
                        How do you enjoy the car?
                        1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Originally posted by ranton-inc View Post
                          I have some of those seat hinge covers mate. Free for the cost of post.
                          Which do you need?
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Awesome work Anton.
                            How do you enjoy the car?
                            To be fair Nik, I have only driven it from Simon's to here and have been working on it bit by bit after work. It does go very well, a bigger Turbo and injectors wouldn't go A-miss but thats all for down the track.

I'm just putting in Elbow grease in areas I'm extra fussy about, once the new Heater Core arrives I can do that, do the heater flaps and do a big *** coolant system flush out and then I will take her for a good run somewhere...

(mean while I have been neglecting my MK2, which is in dire need of a new Steering rack and hasn't been driven in nearly a month and a half)

Waterblast all the carpeting so it comes up like new..

I would love to find a set of new floor mats but will probably have to get some made at this stage... LHD ones are easy to find.. RHD ones aren't
                            2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                            1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                            1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                            1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Might be of interest.

Got my mat for the coupe from here: www.autostyle.co.uk

Logo: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=71
                              From this thread
                              http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29646

"Thanks to the advice in the thread, the better colour match was Anthracite with a grey border. "
                              Eric

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                                Might be of interest.

Got my mat for the coupe from here: www.autostyle.co.uk

Logo: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=71
                                From this thread
                                http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29646

"Thanks to the advice in the thread, the better colour match was Anthracite with a grey border. "
                                dayumn...

thanks for the heads up dude.

I'll get some of those made up next payday!
                                2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                                1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                                1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                                1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Working...
                                X