X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improved the Brakes today.

Improved the front brakes today

Installed the 996 C4 Turbo Calipers and 323 mm discs

ended up having to measure out some custom brackets and had them made but was easy enough.

Turns out these calipers are a fair bit bigger then the Calipers all the forums seem to reccomend, they didn't work with the RS2 bracket but its all good they have bolted up fine and look great.

Before & After

Yep they work good (as ya'll would know)

Now i want to try get the 300mm discs for the rear...
    2007 - Golf GTI ED30
    1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
    1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
    1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Do you have any dimensions for the lugs to disc center etc?

Will be getting some brackets made up but want to check my dims when I measure them.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
        Do you have any dimensions for the lugs to disc center etc?

Will be getting some brackets made up but want to check my dims when I measure them.

Cheers
        Which lugs are you referring to?
        2007 - Golf GTI ED30
        1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
        1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
        1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Originally posted by ranton-inc View Post
          Which lugs are you referring to?
          The lugs on the hub. Radial dimension to centre and distance to mounting face from hub face.

Comment

Small Update..

the Latvian Valeo heater core still has not arrived..........

the Nissens one from the UK arrived 1 week after buying it so that was ok.

Almost finished the RS wheels for fitting.

Sealed and assembled one tonight. after picking up the lips and centre caps from the polishers today!

2007 - Golf GTI ED30
            1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
            1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
            1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

The look super smart.
              1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
              1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                Supposed to prevent heat soak into the intake from the head. Don't see the point myself.
                If you buy from 034, plan for it to need fettling before it works, then you won't be disappointed. Pretty standard for 034.

plus you will find you have issues with the earth points on the im not working as well and causing problems

034 are really going downhill, you only have to see posts on american sites to see people are no longer using them and switching to the likes of efi express

Originally posted by ranton-inc View Post
                Can't wait to see these fitted

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post

plus you will find you have issues with the earth points on the im not working as well and causing problems

034 are really going downhill, you only have to see posts on american sites to see people are no longer using them and switching to the likes of efi express

Can't wait to see these fitted

Not the best photo but.... here tis..........

2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                  1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                  1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                  1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Looks great , maybe space them out 10mm to fill fill the arches ? Love the plate btw
                    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Awesome Anton. Whats the plan now? Enjoy driving it?
                      1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
                      1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Top work Anton! Didn't know you were on here but all good. How much do you charge to do headlining lol? Might need to come visit you some time. Hoping to get my car on the road inside 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by le mans View Post
                          Top work Anton! Didn't know you were on here but all good. How much do you charge to do headlining lol? Might need to come visit you some time. Hoping to get my car on the road inside 2 weeks.
                          Signed on here after I purchased the coupe.

Are you looking at getting the RS2 done... or something else

not going to lie the headliner is a horrible horrible task..

the Material varies between NZD40.00 to 70.00 per metre

depending on who you source it from..

It took me a few days to do mine in the coupe, the cleaning is the most time consuming part.............

Why is yours off the road? still the coil over annoyance?
                          2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                          1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                          1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                          1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Small update finally got around to ordering a new Set of Floor mats.

the ones in the car are well and truely ****ed

Pulled the Dash, Heaterbox and Carpets all out

Going to deal to some wiring behind the scenes.

Also started on removing the After market immobilser, I was not happy with their workmanshit how the system was isolated and installed... and the $450 NZD they wanted for two replacement remotes was ridiculous.

I have installed my own one as a replacement.

Also making a new Radio Loom up to aid getting more power to the radio and allow it to switch on and off with the Accessory Circuit.

Cleaned the Carpets out too.. they were full of 20 years of awesomeness haha!

I will be replacing all the underlay also as it has compacted down over the years and the carpet no longer sits well!
                            2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                            1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                            1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                            1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Your car looks like a silver version of mine. At least in New Zealand you have the open roads to have a good long drive and actually get out of 3rd gear.

Comment

Reconstructed the Underfloor Padding using Waterproof EVA foam (looks rough but now the Carpet sits perfectly again in height not all droopy and dropping down either side of the airvents..

Also completed wiring up the radio and installed some new Plugs to help make disconnecting the speakers etc simpler!

Just need to wait to get instrument cluster back now. and try and get all the interior lights and switches to illuminate the correct brightness..

Stoked the Thermal Fuse repair fixed the fan speeds and the heatercore and flaps work perfectly as expected.
                                2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                                1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                                1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                                1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Working...
                                X