1994 ABY Coupe Quattro - Fix up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ranton-inc View Post

This is the new fabric i will be using...
    Could you tell me what the original VAG number of that fabric?

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      I have some of those seat hinge covers mate. Free for the cost of post.
      Which do you need?
      Hey Error404,

thank you for the Offer, I need the outer Drivers one at this stage, Simon the old owner said he may have a passenger side one still kicking about.

However I wouldn't turn down both Outers either
      2007 - Golf GTI ED30
      1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
      1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
      1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Originally posted by shurhend View Post
        Could you tell me what the original VAG number of that fabric?
        Hi my friend this isn't Original VAG Fabric, it is a aftermarket fabric.

It is very similar to the Fabric Supplied with 2005 + Golfs & Passats etc..

On a side note..

Vaccumed, Sprayed, Scrubbed and waterblasted the Rear carpets today. they look like brand new now!

2007 - Golf GTI ED30
        1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
        1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
        1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

so i have been totally held up by some plonkers on ebay who I ordered a Valeo Heater Matrix Core from, turns out their terms are 15 Business days to ship something.... jesus christ.. had i read that I wouldn't have bothered.

It seems fairly difficult to find a RHD Heater Core suitable for the Coupe.... there are some Nissens one on Ebay but no one from that user selling them would get back to me about shipping to new zealand

I really want to get the core here so I can get the dash out, do the heater flaps and do some other Sub dash board work I want to do......

Also want to pull the main carpets out soap scrub and then water blast to bring them up like new again! and also reline the floor with the Under foam.

So i have been driving her round. and doing little ****.

Also have deleted the Ashtray at the front and have put a Audi 80 Cubby hole centre console at the front and kept the gauges above it..

Haven't bothered putting the diff switch back at this stage or the cigarette lighter either, but also fixed the rearmost ashtray and deleted the Cassette holster.

Also installed the 034 Solid Shifter, after initially ordering the JHM Solid Billet one and finding it is not compatible with the 6 speed (not clear on 034 website) I have returned it and since imported and installed one of the other Solid Shifters they sell. and swapped the reverse lockout on to the bottom and tacked it together.. much nicer to select gears now.. the old shifter had collapsed.
          2007 - Golf GTI ED30
          1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
          1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
          1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Well done, love that silver on the coupes.
            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
            2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
            2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
            1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
            1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Ordered and received a couple of other goodies yesterday from 034, as the car developed a Miss and killed most the spark plugs.

I have ditched the old coils and extenders and switched to MK5 FSI coil on plugs.

+ a new set of factory plugs.

should hopefully sort the miss that developed before the coils collapsed.

still waiting for the fricken heater core..........
              2007 - Golf GTI ED30
              1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
              1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
              1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

regarding shifter knob - it's like old style 5speed ones - which model does it use? As i've seens 6sp ones a bit different that i dont like...would like to have same as in the pic above
                BLOG: http://quattro10vt.wordpress.com/

Comment

So am still waiting on the Heatercore to arrive....

*yawn*

Some minor updates,

RS2 Caliper Brackets are currently being made up by a Engineer mate who owes me some Machining time haha

Getting two iterations of the bracket made, one to allow for the 314 Audi A8 disc and another bracket to allow for 324mm S8 Discs (if i choose to go this way later on.)

I picked up my 996 Turbo calipers the other day for this application

I have since scuffed them up and given them a respray. (I have removed the Porsche branding from the calipers) as I don't have a Porsche.

I don't think I will bother Installing the RS2 intake Manifold either.

I would rather install the Phenolic Gasket on the stock intake manifold and maybe give it a light dusting of Paint to tart it up while its off the engine.

Also picked up a Set of 17x8 ET35 BBS RS's

Should look nice once they get re-polished.

2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                  1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                  1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                  1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

love the rs rims,

See your turbo 996 calipers. They the 430/429 part number and what brackets you going to use with them???

Comment

Originally posted by ranton-inc View Post
                      So am still waiting on the Heatercore to arrive....

*yawn*

Some minor updates,

RS2 Caliper Brackets are currently being made up by a Engineer mate who owes me some Machining time haha

Getting two iterations of the bracket made, one to allow for the 314 Audi A8 disc and another bracket to allow for 324mm S8 Discs (if i choose to go this way later on.)

I picked up my 996 Turbo calipers the other day for this application

I have since scuffed them up and given them a respray. (I have removed the Porsche branding from the calipers) as I don't have a Porsche.

I don't think I will bother Installing the RS2 intake Manifold either.

I would rather install the Phenolic Gasket on the stock intake manifold and maybe give it a light dusting of Paint to tart it up while its off the engine.

Also picked up a Set of 17x8 ET35 BBS RS's

Should look nice once they get re-polished.

The are Porsche brakes though? Maybe get some Brembo decals if you dont like Porsche?
                      1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
                      1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Originally posted by Golfboy666GTI View Post
                        The are Porsche brakes though? Maybe get some Brembo decals if you dont like Porsche?
                        I do like porsche haha just trying to minimize on making it obvious that i will need to certify my breaks
                        2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                        1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                        1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                        1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Well today was a bit of a cockup.

They phenolic gasket didnt fit. Intake pipe no longer reached the throttle body. And the intake was fouling on the water jacket. And i couldnt bolt it up with out filing down the intake manifold flange to clear it.

Im pissed off to say the least this is the Second product from 034 that hasn't worked as specified......

On the flip side fixed other few nigglies

Did a thorough coolant flush and engine flush. New oil filter etc etc
                          And fixed the broken radiator mounting

Oh also replaced the thermostat as it was being ****** . All good now.
                          2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                          1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                          1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                          1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

What is the phenolic gasket meant to do?

Have you started giving the BBS RS's a clean up yet?
                            1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
                            1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Supposed to prevent heat soak into the intake from the head. Don't see the point myself.
                              If you buy from 034, plan for it to need fettling before it works, then you won't be disappointed. Pretty standard for 034.
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                Supposed to prevent heat soak into the intake from the head. Don't see the point myself.
                                If you buy from 034, plan for it to need fettling before it works, then you won't be disappointed. Pretty standard for 034.
                                Im planning on putting a paypal claim in today as product most definately was not as described......

What a crock so dissapointed.

Im going to scratch the idea of buying a new turbo kit from them now...

RS are getting lips polished the centres look fine so ill buff them and bolt back together

Only had a little bit of kerb damage to file off
                                2007 - Golf GTI ED30
                                1994 - ABY S2 Coupe
                                1990 - Audi 100 2.2 EE
                                1987 - Golf GTI 16V

Comment

Working...
                                X