Resurrection of my UrS4 2.2 turbo 20V quattro AAN Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    Amethyst with the extra wheel well trim/extensions, almost certainly was Devil666's (Damien's) UrS. I had lost track/forgot where it went after it sold. Beautiful car.

Yes Dave. That's Damien's car
    It runs very well and pulls like a train
    Attached Files

Comment

I swapped manual box on my car in 2011.i used stock tunnel and extended it out with
      the steel thick heatshield and rivet,sealant,painted.
      one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Damien's car is the cleanest urs6 i've even seen.please take a good care of it.Damien is recent just sold his
        TT MKI and in the world of Alfa Romeo now.
        one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

These days i managed to upgrade to TFSI coils. The OEM ones were old, dodgy and engine was running a bit silly.

Big difference after upgrade. Engine runs way better. Now, waiting for new suspension to arrive ...
          UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Some parts arrived these days. New floor cover mats, Yellow Konis and Eibach springs. Waiting for strut and ball bearings to arrive and will go to put these on.

Was wondering if you guys know the weight of these S8 rims? Code 4D0601025T 8X18 ET48. I know is not the right ET for this car but I like the way looks on S4. Very hard to find a set in good shape and original color these days.

UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Originally posted by wug View Post
              I have tried doing it from raw steel but it was to much work for a not 100% accuracy so i choose to cut off that part from a 2.6 Audi 100 and fit it into my car. Cost me 10 euro that part.

Here are some sample photos just to have an ideea. If i have to do it again, i will do without hesitation. One of the reasons i purchased this car was automatic gearbox. This engine has never seen 7000rpm ... until now.

Some or these photos are property of goodazz user here on s2forum.

How ..??? my friend got audi S4 Avant automatic and now we will converte it to manual.. the tunel is totaly different.. we must cut it from handbrake to the ventilation box .. will send you a picture ! disaster !

Comment

You don't need to cut that much. First you need to find a Audi 100 body manual gearbox and cut the part you need to place your manual shifter in. Cut that part more than you need to have enough to adjust when you put in your friend's S4. Is not a easy job to do the conversion but it can be done. I will share with all info i got if you need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Meanwhile few things happened here. Received a Garrett GT3076R with AR .82 and 870cc injectors.

Fitted a Walbro pump LPH 255, replaced the steering pump (old one was leaking), thermostat and also fitted the suspension. Surprisingly old front shocks were red Koni's adjustable in good condition. 3 spoke steering wheel was fully refurbished and waiting to be fitted.

Stock AAN turbo is running on and off lately. I believe the N75 could be the problem. If i drive aggressive for a while car feels like aspirated engine. If i stop the engine and turn it back on is acting normal again. I have checked for leaks but couldn't find any.
                  UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

How did you find fitting the fuel pump?

Was it a straight swap, or did you need to modify the basket?

Comment

Didn't take you long to go 'mad' with the car.

Interested in the part numbers of the Konis and the Eibachs, and what you think of them after you've driven the car for a few weeks, and also how it sits when it has settled on the new suspension.

Last edited by macspring; 23 August 2015, 14:48.

Comment

@Dift

It was a kinda difficult to take it out from the tank but in the end the new pump fit right on. The Walbro is a little smaller than stock one and comes with an extra rubber thing cover. No additional mods were done.

@macspring

I haven't had the chance to drive it yet since i am waiting for other engine parts to arrive. Next week will be done and i will do some testing. As for sitting on Eibach i can say that i am not 100% satisfied. I was expecting to go lower. I did upgrade other car brand (BMW E60) in the past with Eibach prokit and went pretty low compared with this one. May be the reason i am now on 16" rims but soon i will be fitting 18" and see the result. I will get back Monday with part numbers.

Comparison Eibach prokit.

Last edited by wug; 4 April 2015, 21:28.
                        UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

@macspring

Eibach part #

Front 1515001VA
                          Rear 1521002HA

Koni part #

Front 86 2149SPORT
                          Rear 80 2630SPORT
                          UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Finally, no more leaking steering pump. Thanks to fellow member Giacomo!

Since i have some electrical issues i decided to go hardcore and fix all of them. Dash panel will be removed as well.

Work in progress ...

Also ordered a new N75 solenoid valve (034906283H), cut-off valve (034145710B) and fuel pressure regulator (0280160575).
                            UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Dash lights are working fine again. All electrical issues are now fixed.

New parts arrived as follows:

Did a quick simulation on Wagner with turbo to check how will fit and also to order new turbo oil and water hose lines.

Suspension is now mounted as well. For now Konis are on medium setup.

18" rims, 3" Downpipe, external air filter will follow soon.
                              Last edited by wug; 29 April 2015, 09:54.
                              UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Great work, what turbo have you got now?

Comment

Working...
                                X