No announcement yet.

RichLV's UrS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great mate. Did you make the wastegate screws or bought them? If so how long are they? I need something to replace the old rusted studs with nuts
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I bought them. They are the same length as the studs. Added washers to compensate the length a little.

Also followed Dave's advice on WG adjustment. When all ignition faults were fixed, adjusted the allen screw 6 full turns down. Car runs great now.

Does anyone know where should I start diagnosing my ABS? I have the oldest one possible, with ABS switch, cannot be connected to via VCDS. It shuts off randomly, sometimes when I go over a pot hole with one of the front wheels, or when i'm just going straight on a good road. Besides that it interacts with my brake pedal, making it vibrate slightly sometimes.
      Last edited by RichLV; 17 August 2015, 09:44.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by ring bearer.

The old f5dpor was good but I have seen and heard lots or stories about them breaking up and damaging engines. The newer batches seem to be weaker. Use caution is all I'm saying...

Agreed. Use at your own risk.

Originally posted by RichLV View Post

Some updates. Got major misfiring issue right after fitting 7A cover. While fitting the cover, fixed all intake leaks by replacing all hoses with silicone, turbo finally blows where it should. Right after that the car started misfiring horribly, and very violently. Was battling with it for 3 weeks until found out the cause. In the process we swapped everything that is possible to swap, to no avail. At the last moment when nothing was left to swap I decided to my old spark plugs in. All problems were miraculously gone the moment I took out F5DP0R's. Big thanks to Dave for holding with me during this time.

Glad you dodged the bullet and you only got a misfire, before you got the plug ceramic breaking up and taking the engine with it.

Comment

Did some repairs on the master clutch cylinder few days ago, it was leaking. Strapped a repair kit on it and all is good.

And in a week or so the car is going to be parked for considerable time. I've got horrible case of turbo sounding like a "dentist's drill". I'm gonna take it apart and see whether I'll rebuild it myself or give it to a shop. Pretty depressing. Just when the car started to run great...

Comment

And in a week or so the car is going to be parked for considerable time. I've got horrible case of turbo sounding like a "dentist's drill". I'm gonna take it apart and see whether I'll rebuild it myself or give it to a shop. Pretty depressing. Just when the car started to run great...
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Any PNs to share on the clutch master cylinder rebuild kit?

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

No upgrades while the engine has not been rebuilt I'm afraid... And I'm still undecided which turbo to opt for.

Sure Dave, it's an Autofren Seinsa D1-447

While it's parked maybe I'll finally decide to get me one of those RS6 C5's...

Comment

No upgrades while the engine has not been rebuilt I'm afraid... And I'm still undecided which turbo to opt for.

Sure Dave, it's an Autofren Seinsa D1-447

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a second hand unit rather then rebuilding old one? Especially as you're thinking of upgrades
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

No upgrades while the engine has not been rebuilt I'm afraid... And I'm still undecided which turbo to opt for. Sure Dave, it's an Autofren Seinsa D1-447
                    Thanks for the PN. Found a few sources on eBay/Amazon, etc.

As for the C5 RS6, if you think your C4 UrS can have issues, they are minor compared to an RS6. You need to be a very good mechanic or have very very deep pockets to own one of those time-bombs.

The Autofren kit:

Comment

First I need to check what's broken in the old turbo. Maybe the 70 euro kit from turborebuild.co.uk will do the trick. I'll just take it to rebalancing afterwards.

Second hand units of K24's in Latvia are very very rare, because people are frickin' cheap here, everyone is driving on diesels. Most of the enthusiast folk are only working on diesels. Number of 20VT's here is very small. More sense to look on this forum I think. Besides nowadays no one is splitting an engine here, they sell it as a complete kit, without taking anything off.

@Dave. Well everything that has been done on my UrS4 has been done with my own 2 hands (except welding). So I'd say I manage. Dunno about the RS6 though, it's rocket science compared to the old granpa C4.
                      Last edited by RichLV; 27 August 2015, 22:22.

Comment

@Dave. Well everything that has been done on my UrS4 has been done with my own 2 hands (except welding). So I'd say I manage. Dunno about the RS6 though, it's rocket science compared to the old granpa C4.
                        Let me say this:

Comment

That's an S4 B6 V8 (or even later one). RS6 still has timing belt. It was the last engine before chains, ANK engine code (2000+).

What amuses me more is that Audi want both of my kidneys for a set of brake discs and pads for the RS6 C5...

Comment

That's an S4 B6 V8 (or even later one). RS6 still has timing belt. It was the last engine before chains, ANK engine code (2000+).
                            I stand corrected. Even so, the engine has to come out of the car to change the turbos and this doesn't look like much fun:

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                              I stand corrected. Even so, the engine has to come out of the car to change the turbos and this doesn't look like much fun:

Turbos? It's NA
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Yep, it does not look fun. Alright I've changed my mind. Let's fix the old junker.

Hunker, RS6 C5 is V8 BiT, engine code BCY, 450 HP.

Still need advice on turbos though.

Comment

Working...
                                X