94 ABY Phantom Black Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 ABY Phantom Black Coupe

Well picked this up on Sunday. It was on ebay and I took a gamble without seeing it but it was nice so I drove it up the road.
    Car is in good condition, black wasn't my first choice but I really like it. Main thing for me was the recent respray.

Decent spec as well. Plan is to sort out a few little niggles but most of all I think clocks need to be replaced as there is intermittent faults and the odometer isn't working either. Maybe its due to lack of use but can someone maybe say what to check for to maybe rectify the odometer? Is there a link to gearbox?
    Also what is the plastic pin on the furthest right on the dash for as it doesn't seem to sit right on mine i.e. to the right of the trip zero pin.

Also is the steering wheel an S2 late version as Ive never seen one?

I might try some other wheels, these look ace but I always try different wheels on my cars plus the front were rubbing slightly on the drive back on bumps. There is 20mm spacers all round but I might try 15mm on the front for now.

Overall very happy, sounds ace and feels totally different from the other Audi's Ive got. Ive always wanted a 5cyl turbo Audi so Im chuffed I now own one. Lets hope it relatively painless as I intend to keep it in good condition.

Some photos from advert as Ive not had a chance to get my own yet.

Last edited by coullstar; 14 July 2015, 08:16.
    94-S2 Coupe ABY
    00-B5 RS4

If the speedo works and the Odo doesn't then it could be the little plastic cog broken in the Odo drive. I think you can replace these, have a search on here.

Those wheels should be ok with the right spacers but the tyres might be too wide.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, try 15mm spacers on the front, that should sort it.

I think the far right pin in the cluster sits down flush, it's for setup when the clocks are built I think..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, yeah Ive been doing some searching. Might just try a new set of clocks if I can get some then fix these ones as spares.
        94-S2 Coupe ABY
        00-B5 RS4

Comment

Good to hear you finally got one
          I think I have a set of s2 clocks and spares to help troubleshoot.
          I'm offshore just now so pictures are blocked,
          Did you sell the Corrado?

cheers

Steve

Comment

Steve, Corrado is hopefully going next week.
            It would be good to get some help from those in the know. Didn't know you still had yours.
            94-S2 Coupe ABY
            00-B5 RS4

Comment

Looks like a nice motor. Steering wheel look to me like the correct airbag wheel a late ABY should have. You will have to go a long way to find a better looking wheel, only down side is that they are pretty heavy. Keep pics coming
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yea still working away on it, thankfully you didint buy it a couple of year ago
                I know better not to sell it again as I will just end up looking for another.
                Hopefully I will see your S2 when I get home next month

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  Looks like a nice motor, keep the pics coming
                  Yea upload one to the forum I can see them

Comment

Nice car. Is it not Volcano Black? Those wheels painted silver will look much better. I run 20mm spacers as well and they do eat the arch liner at the front...15mm spacers may solve this.
                    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Far right pin on instrument cluster is for adjusting the fuel gauge if you pull the little plastic plug off it (may already be missing), it has an allen key hex inside to take a small either 3 or 4 mill allen key to adjust the gauge.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and I did get colour wrong so fixed title. Yeah wheels are really nice and finished well, they suit the car but I prefer silver wheels and would like to try the Phaeton wheels I have as they are hollow spoke therefore a bit lighter plus they have 225's instead of 235's.

The odo and trip don't work on the clocks. They did have a bit of intermittent fault where the speedo needle started bouncing around and fuel gauge has sometimes stopped working. Its more for me to note mileage and get it to around what the mileage should be.
                        94-S2 Coupe ABY
                        00-B5 RS4

Comment

Glad you finally found one mate & a really nice looking one at that!
                          Is there any mod's done to the engine at all (yet) or is it standard?

Comment

Thanks, homefry chip. Probably leave it at that to be honest. My RS4 is for power kicks.
                            94-S2 Coupe ABY
                            00-B5 RS4

Comment

Check the speedo sensor on the gearbox, the terminal pins often get corroded and cause an intermittent fault or stop the speedo & trip from working
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X