Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ventt View Post
    Hello.

are you serious? Its not good, if it is a street legal car!!!

Comment

What's wrong with that?

Comment

Because street legal car can not be welding subframe!

Comment

Erm, why not?

Welding != weakened.

Comment

Why not? Ask this to technical inspection guys

Comment

Originally posted by Codman View Post
              Why not? Ask this to technical inspection guys
              Technical inspection guys also say you can't fit bigger wheels or brakes...
              Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
              S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
              '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I'm guessing Estonia may not have tech inspections yet?

UK has no such thing unless you go really silly, then you go for an IVA, where anything is possible

A properly welded subframe will be equally as strong, if not stronger than a standard one. sounds like one of those rules that are just made blanket, not from a common sense POV, but just to make the inspectors lives more easy.

Comment

maybe i can welding my rear subframe and you want by it and than driving this car with your family?
                  I dont think so

Comment

Well, I welded up my rear subframe, as it was corroded. It's called a repair, and perfectly safe.

And yes I have a family, and KNOW my car is up to scratch.

Rules like that are in place for people that really shouldn't be modifying cars to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Codman View Post
                      maybe i can welding my rear subframe and you want by it and than driving this car with your family?
                      I dont think so
                      I think you should have repaired your rear subframe before it got to that point...

Agreed, sometimes (often) replace is more sensible than repair, but not due to strength, more due to cost effectiveness...
                      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Got the engine running, works ALMOST like a charm, can't find out why misfiring when full throttle and near 4k RPM. Got the instrument cluster working too, the fuse was dead. Changed fuel filter and oil.

Also got new injectors, waiting to be installed.

Comment

can't find out why misfiring when full throttle and near 4k RPM.
                          Could be a knock sensor, reading the code will show which one.
                          1992 80 quattro 20vT

Comment

Originally posted by Jamin View Post
                            Could be a knock sensor, reading the code will show which one.
                            I'll try it in the weekend, do I have to read blink codes or I can use my KKL cable? It has Hitachi ECU with big connector.

Comment

I'll try it in the weekend, do I have to read blink codes or I can use my KKL cable? It has Hitachi ECU with big connector.
                              I wired up a code reader using the info here: http://20v.org/fault.htm
                              1992 80 quattro 20vT

Comment

Rebuilt the front brakes. Changed discs and pads. The calipers were in good condition, painted them and went back on.
                                Next weekend I'll do the same with the rear brakes.
                                Still haven't got my adapters for injectors, hoping them to arrive next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X