No announcement yet.

Audi 80 B4 quattro 2.3 20v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed the rotor arm alignment picture. Is that an aftermarket distributor ?

Think you may need to consider an OEM dizzy with the correct alignment. Your car will not run correctly with it like that
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
      Just noticed the rotor arm alignment picture. Is that an aftermarket distributor ?

Think you may need to consider an OEM dizzy with the correct alignment. Your car will not run correctly with it like that
      This picture is not taken by me. I have a OEM distributor. Also I have read that the distributor doesn't have to be exactly in the right position because the ECU will make the adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by ventt View Post
        Also I have read that the distributor doesn't have to be exactly in the right position because the ECU will make the adjustments.

This is not true
        On the 3B the flywheel to Dizzy alignment must be perfect

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

As John says, it needs to be spot on. If it's out you get misfires and backfires.

Does your rotor arm point to #1 when your flywheel 0 is on the mark
          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

No, it does not. It basicly is between the 1st and 2nd cylinder and I can't move it also because then I would lose the spark again. Dunno what to do...

Comment

Got the engine finally running, how I solved the problem, is written in the thread I made.
              Link to this thread is here: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81977

Since it's running, did a quick service to it also.
              New:
              * oil
              * oil filter
              * air filter
              * fuel filter

Now looking for a new interior because current interior is too filthy. Does the Audi Coupe dashboard fit in to B4 without making any changes or not?

Comment

Does the Audi Coupe dashboard fit in to B4 without making any changes or not?
                They're all the same on Coupe, Cabrio, saloon, avant.

Comment

Well, I got lucky today.

Went to the summer capital of Estonia and came back with these things:

Instrument cluster with autocheck
                  Newer dashboard
                  Whole box behind the dashboard
                  Wiring loom for it
                  Black floor mat

Comment

Nice stuff! Are you going to retrofit the AC system as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Typ89 View Post
                      Nice stuff! Are you going to retrofit the AC system as well?
                      Yes, I'll make it possible to connect the AC system later, but I don't think it'll happen in this year. I was just very tired of that knob system. Gotta find the pump and radiator and lines for it and so on.

Comment

nice wood trim (and usually i dont like wood trim...)
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll post some more pictures when it's fully fitted in my car. But yeah, all the important functions are working, except for the A/C because I removed it.

Comment

Bought new distributor cap (Bosch) and rotor (Beru), engine runs like a charm. Don't use Topran parts on your car. Drove it like 10km and spark plugs were golden.

Installed black floor mat, some plastics are still missing though. Also looking for new door bolsters (with wooden trim).

Also how to adjust the tachometer on my instrument cluster, because it came from a car with V6 and the tacho is showing a little bit wrong numbers.

Comment

Also how to adjust the tachometer on my instrument cluster, because it came from a car with V6 and the tacho is showing a little bit wrong numbers.
                              Hi! Can you describe the adjustment process?
                              sigpic

Comment

looking nice!
                                Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
                                Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
                                Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X